Seeing Double

Just a heads up. There's a made up character in this one.

Also, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the last chapter so much. I guess that's why it refused to leave my head. 

--

Speedy, Bea, Swift, Rod and Brody looked dumbfounded at the two penguins who stood before them in the control room. Said penguins giggled at their expressions.

"Um... Is it just me, or are there two Pennys?"Rod asked.

"It's not just you." Brody replied. 

"Um... Penny?" Speedy asked, in hopes of Penny answering.

"Yes." Both penguins replied in unison.

Speedy chuckled. "I expected that."

"Ok Penny, you got us." Bea said with a giggle. "Now why don't you tell us who's your lookalike friend, as soon as you let us know which of you is the real Penny."

The two penguins giggled and shook their heads at the group.

"Come on, Penny. I'm getting dizzy seeing two of you." Rod pleaded while slouched forward and holding his head.

"I think she wants us to guess which one is the real Penny." Brody guessed.

Both penguins nodded at Brody's statement.

Everyone looked at the two penguins very carefully, studying them to find any differences between them. They looked the same, wore the same outfit, neither had a watch on their arm, which means Penny took off her watch to really test them. The others were stunned.

"I hate to say it, and I feel really bad about it, but I can't tell which is the real Penny." Brody stated in defeat.

"Sadly, I'll have to agree." Bea stated. "I... can't tell them apart."

"Swift? You've been awfully quiet. Do you know which one is Penny?" Speedy asked, realizing the blue-jay had not said anything.

Swift blushed. "She's... the one on the right." he replied, pointing to the penguin on their right.

"Are you sure?" Bea asked.

"I'd be in trouble if I wasn't." Swift replied matter-of-factly.

Everyone looked to the penguins for confirmation. They giggled, before the one Swift pointed to spoke.

"He's right. I am the real Penny." she stated. "And the lookalike here is my cousin, Peggy. Peg for short."

Peggy waved and greeted everyone. They greeted her in return.

"Even their names are close." Brody stated.

"Hey Swift? How'd you know which was the real Penny?" Rod asked.

Swift looked over at the two penguins with a smile and simply replied...

"I know my penguin."

---

So another idea that wouldn't leave me alone. Hope you guys liked it.