Chapter nine: Unshed tears

I was tempted to draw on the walls. They would make a great blank canvas. I had been staring at these walls for four days. I only ever got up to shower and use the bathroom. I could hear the sounds of an elephant stomping walking through the hallway. Turns out it was just Cathy stomping her feet.

"That's it Tasha! Enough is enough." She said sick of my behaviour.

I would be to if I were her. I have no idea why I felt a need to act like this but something over powered my body and stole all my energy. I'm pretty sure my legs were getting hairy because I hadn't even had energy to unpack by bag that sat in the corner.

"You haven't eaten in days, you have stopped talking and all you do is sulk around feeling sorry for yourself." She said stomping her midget feet.

I don't know where she got the idea I was feeling sorry for myself from maybe it was the fact that I looked like a zombie.

"Sophie is coming all the way out here to see you today and Jesse suggested she stay a couple of days and she shouldn't have to see you like this so if not for anyone else do it for her." She said.

Cathy had a point Sophie didn't deserve to see me like this she was just a child.

"How far away is she?" I asked quietly.

Cathy smiled like there was no tomorrow showing off her perfect pearl teeth.

"She's half an hour away so I suggest you have a shower and clean yourself up. Is there anything I can get you? Mum's on her way over with breakfast." Cathy said sticking he hands in the pockets of her summer dress.

I thought for a moment. It's all I had done for the last four days.

"Could you pick me out something to wear probably pants because Sophie will most likely want to play." I told her slipping out of my bed.

She nodded as I headed out to the bathroom slowly. I lingered in the doorway for a moment.

"Does my brother know?" I asked quietly.

She paused for a moment. Something I learnt with the Dawson family is that a pause is never good.

"He doesn't know everything. He was hesitant to believe you had fallen down the stairs as a cover story for your leg but he knows you and Trey aren't talking." She said.

Well I guess it was better than letting him get enraged by the truth though if he knew he might take me home with him. I nodded before moving into the bathroom with the toiletry bag sitting on my bag.

I got myself as cleaned up as I could with what little I had. I never wore make up, maybe a little lip gloss but never makeup it was made for old people to cover up damaged skin and imperfections. To me it was an empty promise to make you beautiful.

"Tasha they're almost here!" Cathy called out.

I switched off the comforting shower and quickly dried myself off before heading back into the bedroom. Cathy had gone as far as picking out my underwear and matching bra. A pair of canvas white shorts with bright stitching lay waiting along with a white camisole and a small grey ballet cardigan.

Cathy gave me a minute to get changed before coming back in to hand me a plate of fruit salad.

"Mum though it might be easy on your stomach because you haven't eaten in a few days." Cathy said.

 I nodded quietly eating but was soon interrupted.

"Where is she?" I heard Sophie's small voice squeal.

I quickly placed the bowl down and walked outside to find Sophie dragging Jesse along while he tried talking with Greg. Her eyes saw mine and she came running letting go of Jesse's hand in the process. I bent down carefully to pick her up as she flew into my arms.

"Hey honey I missed you." I said softly to her.

"I missed you too! Daddy's so boring!" She complained.

We laughed together.

"Hey I heard that." Jesse called over to us.

Making us laugh harder. By the time we had sobered up enough to stop laughing we were sprawled out on the concrete path laughing. We sat up in time to see Trey being pushed over to us by his brothers. He looked worse than I did. His hair looked on the verge of being matted and his eyes red and swollen. He had stubble sprouting around his chin as he fought against his brothers in a pair of sweats to let him go of him.

He hated me that much. I looked away trying to focus on something else but everyone else's was looking at me with sorrowful eyes. I had to get out of here.

"Where is your bag honey?" I asked picking her up.

"It's in the car, is everything ok Tasha?" She asked me.

Awe she learnt how to say my name.

"Everything is fine Sophie there is nothing for you to worry about." I smiled at her.

I walked past everyone and out to my brother's metallic black land rover. I placed Sophie down so I could grab her bag from the backseat and then held her hand as I walked her back around past everyone into the pool house as I now like to call it minus the pool. She ran in front of me and into the bedroom by the time I got down the hall to her she was bouncing on the bed like a trampoline.

I placed her bag by the door as she calmed down.

"Are we all sleeping in here?" She asked.

I walked over and sat next to her dropping my bum on the bed sending her little figure bouncing around.

'No silly just you and me." I told her.

"What about Trey where is he gonna sleep?" She asked.

Oh not this again....

"In his room." I told her not really wanted to think about him.

She jumped into my lap.

"Did you fight? Is that why you aren't sharing a bed?" She asked cutely.

I really don't know what to tell her. She's so little but so wise. I decided to avoid an answer.

"Ok monkey girl what do you want to do first?" I asked her.

I felt bad but she was so little it would make it hard for her to understand something I still don't quite understand.

We were interrupted by Greg dragging in Trey by the scruff of his neck. This can't be good.

"Trey!" Sophie said excitedly.

He refused to look in this direction.

"Trey?" Sophie said again sounding a little hurt.

He refused to acknowledge her. I held her tight in comfort because of that stupid bastard.

"Sophie why don't you go back to the main house I hear Louise wanted to bake some cookies." Greg finally said.

Sophie couldn't scramble out of my arms fast enough as she dashed out of the room before I looked back to Greg.

"I am sick of seeing you both act like this! You need to sort this out, so this is for your own good." Greg finally spoke.

Greg gave Trey a rather unfriendly shove further into the bedroom before leaving. I hear the door shut and the sliding of a lock. Oh this so can't be happening! I looked at Trey as he stayed face down on the floor not even bothering to get up. The only thing running through my head was what he had said to me.

'...I would give anything to be in your shoes. I'd give anything to absolutely hate you with every fibre in my body.' Those words snapped strings in my heart for some unknown reason.

I hadn't even realised I was crying until tears pelted against my hands. Quickly I wiped away the useless teardrops but it was pointless because Trey had already looked up to see them with his pained expression.

"What? Do I disgust you that much that it pains you to be in the same room as me?" I hissed at him.

So chapter nine is up! Wonder what's going to happen next..... probably wont get a chance to upload tomorrow sorry guys! but that's what this chapter is for in the mean time!

I'd love to hear what you guys think your comments mean a lot to me and thanks to all those that have commented and read so far!