Chapter one:It feels like a life time, without you...

I drummed away at the steering wheel bored. I never realised how far into the bush my brother Jesse lived. All I've seen is shrubs and dirt for the last fifteen miles!

"Bloody hell!" I sighed getting fed up with this never ending dirt road that lead me further into the unknown.

It was like a nature paradise out here only interrupted by the small dirt road. Maybe I had taken a wrong turn. I sighed in frustration as I realised there wasn't any signal out here so I had no chance of calling anyone for directions.

"Beep! Beep!" My phone vibrated.

"Just great! Dead battery." I sighed tossing my phone down onto the passenger seat.

You might be wondering why I'm driving out to the middle of nowhere to stay with my older brother, well you see summer break just started and my parents had a two month cruise planned around the tropics. I don't particularly think they wanted their almost eighteen year old daughter tagging along but my Dad wasn't fond of the idea of me staying all alone in our cosy beach front house. Actually he refused to let me stay there no matter how much I begged. Stupid over caring Dad! I had no choice to stay with my older brother either my parents had gone behind my back to arrange it.

Just as I almost gave up hope and considered turning around the tips of a tall family cabin place caught my eyes between the trees. It was rather peaceful out here I observed as I slowly came to a stop. In front of the three storey house was an open area for vehicles. I shut off the engine and stared up at the house that looked like it belonged out here in the wilderness a perfect family hideaway house.

My eyes caught the sight of a small blonde girl in the window peaking out at me; her big blue eyes the size of saucers. Maybe I wasn't at the right place. I noticed the dark almost black panelling on the house as I slowly climbed out of my old styled shiny black beetle. It reminded me of a remodelled old log cabin done up to fit in modern society with panelling and large glass windows instead of the large log look that seemed to be out dated these days.

Before I could even make my way up the front steps of the porch the thick wooden front door swung open and four little boys of various ages came bounding and tumbling out all to hyped up on energy to notice my presence. I defiantly felt like I was in the wrong place now because I thought my brother lived alone.

"You boys better stay within a two mile radius!" Warned a very familiar voice.

I looked at the young twenty three year old who stood in the door his blonde shaggy hair still the same, his grey blue eyes now had small laugh lines around them. His features showed the happiness of his life style. His surf like tan was even darker since the last time I saw him two years ago, it had really been that long. I watched as his eyes landed on me almost exploding in shock.

"Tasha?" He asked, his voice haunted with disbelief.

A small smile played on my lips.

"The one and only." I said softly.

He rushed over engulfing me in his muscular beefed up arms squeezing the life out of my lungs.

"You've-you've grown." He accused holding me at arm's length.

"Well a lot can happen in two years." I said smiling.

"God I almost thought you weren't coming! How has everything been at home? How are Mum and Dad?" He asked pulling me in for a second hug.

"Everything is great Jesse we all miss you so much, you're never home anymore and sometimes you can see its effects on Mum and Dad but they cope." I whispered.

"I've missed you so much little sis." He said a sad smile on his lips.

"Jesse?" A small, nervous, angelic voice called from the doorway.