Chapter twelve: A challenge isn't the end

I awoke in a peaceful state of comfort. I felt so warm and whole but before I could open my eyes reality hit me like a falling brick. I knew whose arms wrapped around me holding me together and it felt so wrong in my mind but so right in my heart.

Opening my eyes I realised I was back in bed. The sun setting outside leaving a warm glow in the room. I tried to snake myself out of Trey's firm grip but it was useless. Sophie was missing from the room and the tent had been partly destroyed. I felt warm lips graze my shoulder running trails back and forth.

"Let me go." I whispered coldly.

Trey froze behind me sensing not my discomfort but my cold behaviour. I knew what Trey was and I accepted that, I'm not sure how but I did. What I didn't accept was the fact that he refused to tell me and leave me in the dark and then I find out he already has a mate yet here he is getting all affectionate with me.

He just angered me full stop.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned as he shifted behind me.

I had so many answers to that question.

"You have a mate and yet you act all close and cuddly with me and you've already given poor Sophie the wrong idea, did you know she thinks we are mates?" I asked still trying to get out of his grasp only resulting in me facing Trey nose to nose.

We stared at each other quietly. His eyes like beautiful gems you couldn't look away from.

"Tasha that's because you are my mate." He whispered quietly.

My eyes felt like saucers.

"Hot guy say what?" I said without thinking.

Trey chuckled at my words his lips millimetres from mine, his warm breath softly fanning my skin and his husk chuckle warming me to the core. I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

"We're mates." He said again.

"Bu-bu-but you hate me." I told him.

His smile fell clearly showing I had hit a nerve. He looked almost scared and afraid that I actually wanted to comfort him.

"I didn't want you as my mate... I thought you were weak and I didn't think you could handle it." He said looking totally defeated and ashamed.

I tried pushing away from him getting out of his grip anything to put space between us but it was useless to fight him. I felt hurt that he didn't want me.

"I didn't want you but you proved me wrong Tasha, you proved to me how much I didn't deserve you because you were so amazing and I have been such an ass." He said angrily.

"I shouldn't have to prove to you I'm worth it!" I told him hints of anger in my voice.

Did this boy have emotional mood swings or what?

"What if I don't want this? What if I refuse you?" I asked changing the topic slightly.

He looked horrified that I had thought such a thing. I guess the consequences must be bad if that's the look he is giving me.

"If you don't accept me within the next few months I will be killed it's a part of our laws as a werewolf if our mate doesn't accept us and complete the bonding ceremony on a full white moon, unless there are acceptable reasons for not doing so then I must be killed." He said sadly.

"What?" I asked shocked.

He looked down at the bedding.

"I'm a pure blood bound by ancient laws and because I also have royal alpha blood in me and knowing my mate chooses not to stand by me can causes my wolf a lot of emotional damage a physical pain and in the royal courts eyes that justifies me as useless because I won't be able to function." He explained.

"Oh." I said quietly.

I knew I could never cope holding someone's death over my head especially if that person was Trey. I couldn't just accept this though that would be saying his actions have been ok and that his hot and cold flashes were acceptable but in all honesty they weren't.

"I can't be intimate with you Trey... After everything in the last few days it's all just too much. I will accept you as a mate because I could honestly never see you killed in a way you are a part of my heart but not a part I wish to acknowledge right now." I told him.

His eyes turned cold and hard as he looked at me.

"You're my mate and we will do the bonding ceremony. You will bare me with wonderful pups, Stand by me as my queen and give yourself to me whole heartedly." He spoke venomously.

His words scared me but not as much as his tone. He was no longer going to give me a choice it was his way and so be it. I wasn't about to lie eventually I would have given in to him I can't hide the how he makes me feel but I would have rather he was willing to love me then be forced to.

Before I could dwell on his words I was yanked from the bed and harshly pulled outside.

"You're hurting me! Let me go!" I said trying to break free of his iron clad grip.

He only tightened his hold as he pulled me along into the house. We only got as far as the hallway before his father stopped us.

"Son what are you doing?" He asked his tone filled with authority.

"I came to get mother Tasha needs her bonding ceremony gown made." He said.

His father eyed the hold he had on my wrists and the now obvious purpling bruises they were leaving.

"Let her go Trey." He ordered.

Trey didn't obey. His grip tightened further like a security bracelet wrapping it's self tightly around my lean wrist. I hadn't even noticed the small audience on the staircase.

"This is the wrong way to try and win me over Trey, I never said I wouldn't be with you I just told you I wasn't ready. Can't you understand that I barely know you or the fact that you're mood changes like a pregnant woman and you expect me to be ok with it?" I asked desperate for him to release me.

He stopped so I had a profile view of him. He didn't move and for a moment I thought he was frozen but he relaxed from his rigid posture as I lay my hand over his that was still acting as a handcuff.

He slowly turned to me softly pulling me into his arms encasing me in this warm bear hug.  I looked up at him only to see tears brimming in the corner of his eyes. I felt like I had his heart in my hands and I was slowly taping it back together.

"The bonding ceremony is in six days." Catherine piped up.

"That doesn't give you a lot of time." I whispered.

A small smile crept onto his lips.

"No, no it doesn't." He said.

I'm real sorry for the extremely late and short update which I will probably come back and edit/ extend later with more juicy details.

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks as it is my first couple weeks back at school.

I would like to say thanks to all those people that have commented and become a fan because that's what has really helped me write this chapter.

Oh and if any of you have any questions feel you can instant message me or drop me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

On another note if you guys want to contribute to this story or if you had any great ideas I am open to suggestion just private message me. Please also note at this stage I don't plan a prenancy for Tasha it's to soon into the story.

Again sorry it has taken so long but I hope you like this chapter!