Chapter two:You put me through hell....

"How about some fairy bread?" I asked looking into the cupboards for lunch ideas.

"What's that?" Sophie asked as her little feet knocked against the cupboard from her seat on the counter.

"It's a special fairy princess food." I said reaching for the sprinkles.

"Can I help you make it?" She asked.

"Sure, here why don't you put these sprinkles onto a plate for me?" I said handing her a small plate and a jar of coloured sprinkles.

I began cutting crusts and thinly buttering the bread as I let this morning's surprises sink in. I had so many questions bursting to be asked like how come Mum and Dad didn't know about Sophie? And why did Jesse live so far out in the forest with a whole bunch of people so far from civilisation? And lastly who was Trey Dawson really? And how had he made me so enticed by his actions that I forgot what I was doing?

I looked down at the small pile of crust less buttered slices of bread as if it had the answers before I snapped back to reality.

"Ok now you dip the buttered side into the sprinkles and presto!" I said showing her as I put the finished piece on a separate plate.

I watched as Sophie attempted her first piece sending a few stray sprinkles scattering across the marble counter for me to clean up. Just as Sophie finished making her last piece of fairy bread we heard shouting and cuss words being thrown here and there coming from upstairs. I wondered what had caused such a commotion upstairs. I looked back to Sophie in time to see her burst into tears.

"What's wrong honey?" I asked as I bent lower so I was level with Sophie.

"They're angry at me, they don't want me anymore!" She cried.

I pulled her into my arms trying to soothe her with a hug.

"Honey your Daddy would never leave you trust me. They are just being boys who can't agree on anything." I said to her grabbing the fairy bread with my free hand.

I walked Sophie outside with me and sat down on the front porch rocking her softly until her sobbing subsided. I placed the fairy bread next to us until Sophie was calm enough to eat.

"Are you sure?" She asked hiccupping as she wiped away the tears from her big blue eyes.

She was so cute you could just eat her up!

"Of course I'm sure and if he didn't want you I'm sure the tickle monster would!" I said tickling her silly.

She squealed and wriggled around in my arms as she tried to get loose. We fell backwards in exhaustion only to end up looking up at Trey and my brother. My brother looked rather agitated but not at us while Trey looked rather amused.

"What's going on?" I asked suspiciously.

"Trey has invited you to go stay up at their ranch this weekend." My brother sighed.

I sat up with Sophie in my lap handing her the plate of fairy bread wordlessly realising she must be hungry.

"Ok cool how many of us are going?" I asked turning back to them.

"Just you." Trey smiled at me.

"Wait! What?" I asked confused.

Jesse glared at the back of Trey's head. I could sense the tension between them. I wonder if this is what they had been arguing about. I didn't get the time to say anything because a rainbow of bread appeared before my eyes just seconds before it was shoved in my mouth. I looked down at the little culprit who had done it. She smiled innocently up at me and there was no way you could punish her.