Beyond infinity

Azmina's pov:

"kehdo ke nahi hai mohabbat mujhse... kehdo ke kuch mehsoos nahi karti mere liye.. jo yeh ankhon mein dikh raha hai... jhoot hai sab...kaho"  Ashar spoke looking deeply into my eyes gripping my shoulders tight.

(Say that you don't love me... say that you don't feel anything for me.... whatever these eyes of yours showing is a mere lie....just say it)

I was able to hear his fast beating heart and the sweat beads forming on his forehead were closely visible to me.

I wanted to scream out...I love you Ashar more than anyone else but I couldn't.

I held back the freshly formed tears in my eyes by blinking hard and miserably tried to get a hold the deep emotions going in my heart and replied

"Haan...nahi karti mohabbat aapse... chale jayea aap meri zindagi se...kuch nahi hai meri aankhon mei, na mere dil mei....just leave!"

(Yes..I don't love you. Just leave from my life... there's nothing in my eyes or heart.. just leave)

Hearing these harsh words of mine he was looking lifeless and left my shoulders and took a step back. I was looking at his retreating figure but he didn't turn back.

I was so lost in it that I didn't feel when everyone started clapping and hooting. The play ended and the veil was drawn back on stage.

"Wow... what a performance you two!! Nobody could say it was a mere acting... it all looked natural" our professor of English complimented.

"Thank you so much mam! It's all because of your guidance that we did well..." Ashar toothed a smile at our professor who was already smitten by his good looks.

Everyone now get back to class after fifteen minutes.

I heard our professor saying but I was too numb to react.

Why did it feel so real? It was just a play for our annual function. After this our college will come to an end and my one sided love for him too.

"Whoahh bro! You looked absolutely amazing in that character...how did you do it?" Sahil (best friend of ashar), asked him.

"This is an inbuilt talent bhai...you won't understand. It needs talent to romance the scholar who is always found behind the books." Ashar said eyeing me from corner.

I just left from there not able to digest the fact that it was just a play nothing else. We have been studying together since four years of engineering and he is the best in every manner.

Just how I read in novels tall dark and handsome with that jovial nature of his. He steals the heart with just one meet. But I was far opposite of him.

I have been loving him since years when he first commented on me for the first time in canteen . Basically making fun of me when I said

"I have always been an admirer of Einstein. He isn't just a physicist but a philosopher too. I wish I could be like him "

To which he made fun saying..

"Oh come on azmina...we can't bare studying more of theories. Pehle hi jitni deni thi dedi unho ne...ab tum aur na badhao..."

I wanted to explain him my point of view but stopped myself when I heard him laughing his heart out on some other joke. He had this aura to make people around him whipped by him.

                       ********

I peeped into my book to get some distraction but ended up thinking about him again.