💞

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
It was quite late to reach home today as I had extra work to do. It was 8:30 in evening when I reached home, thanking Allah that I reached safely I rang the bell.

*Ding dong*

"Assalamualaikum Abeer!"

Amyra opened the door for me and just greeted salam and left towards kitchen. I guess things are as usual.

I directly went to our room for freshening up. Afterwards I went to kitchen to have a few words with Amy.

°°°°°°°°°°

Alhamdulillah! Abeer is back home...He is quite late today and he didn't even bother to inform me. Thinking so I was stirring up the curry in kitchen and I felt abeer's presence at the kitchen door.

°°°°°°°°°

Amyra was looking sad while I was observing her when she was stirring something on stove.

I was about to speak to her and suddenly power cut. Both of us said in unison Ya Allah!

"Is it for the first time in a day that there's a power cut??" I asked Amyra.

"No, this is quite usual thing in Mumbai I guess. Wait a minute I'll go and lit up the candles". She replied and was about to go from kitchen. After a step she told.. Oh No! I spilled the water on matchsticks by mistake today I can't use them now "

" No problem amy! There must be a lighter in my pants pocket which I keep to... Before I could complete my sentence she started.

" What?? Don't tell me you are smoking again abeer? Why can't you be on your words? " she asked loudly .

"Let me finish Amyra! I keep that lighter in my pocket to remember the promise which I made to you that I ll never smoke again. Whenever I feel like my will power is losing I lit that lighter on my finger and stop myself from breaking the promise to you of keeping myself healthy. " I told her.

" This is the problem with you Amyra you don't listen to me and start assuming things." I added rudely.

" Okay fine! I am going to lit the candles I don't have whole day to argue with you" she replied and moved towards our room.

After she left I went to check what she was cooking and switched off the stove after mistakenly touching the hot vessel .
And then I realized the efforts of my wife. Does this burns occur to my wife too? How come she manages to cook in this hot weather? I am sweating here in a minute and she cooks for us everyday. As soon as I reach home everything is ready for me. She wakes up before me sets everything before I could ask. And here I am who shouts on her every other hour.  She left everything in her hometown Hyderabad and shifted with me to Mumbai for me. I should make sure that she is happy with me.
I was ashamed of myself for not being a good husband to her.

°°°°°°°

I think abeer is right.. What's wrong with me... Why I just speak without thinking about other person?He is keeping his promise and I didn't trust him.

I reached out for his pants which were hung and put my hands in to take out the lighter and then realization of his struggle hit me. His pants were full of sweat. He came home just now through metro train and I didn't even greet him with a smile. He works like a machine for us and I just argue with him over petty things. I should realize that he is busy for us He is busy in making a better life for us. I felt ashamed for not being a good partner.

I lit up the candle and moved to the kitchen for apologizing him for morning and my ignorance towards him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I was lost in myself and then I heard sound of Amyra's anklets towards the kitchen. There she stood with a candle in her hand at kitchen's door looking at me.

"Ma Sha Allah! How beautiful she is looking "I thought.

We were just looking at each other with love under candle light. There were no words spoken just our eyes were speaking about the love we feel for each other.

I moved to Amyra and just took her in my embrace after a long time. We both were at peace now.

"I am sorry abeer, everyday I was complaining to you for not giving time and I didn't realize that you were working hard for us." She told innocently.

"I am sorry too Amy I shouldn't take out my frustration of work on you, I should understand that you left everything behind and came to me... Please forgive me Amy - my love, my life."

"It's alright abeer, let's forget this and take a fresh start to our life filled with love and happiness ... In Sha Allah"

"In Sha Allah Amy! Let's have our dinner out today... Remember, You asked me to make you taste very famous dish of Mumbai vada paav.. Today I ll get you that."

"what about the dish which I prepared for you"? She asked.

" I ll have that as mid night meal my love.Get ready now" I told her.

" okay! But when will be electric power back I don't know ?" she asked like a child.

"Let's Thank this power cut, because  of this only WE FOUND OUR DAY OF LOVE"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Are we aware of the efforts from our loved ones?

If not, then let's share smiles and make sure we are thanking the efforts of our loved ones. In Sha Allah.

Spread smile☺️Fe'amanillah!