Chapter 21

There will be a time jump in this chapter. It is not edited so please forgive the mistakes. I am also going to be starting a new story and am looking for 3 characters to play the main characters so if you want that to be you PM me. J

Shawn’s POV

        Layanna is finally getting better she has been released out of the hospital after two weeks. She still has those moments where she is in so much pain but she won’t tell me what is wrong. I just help her how I can. In that time I have decided to move my office to home until she is completely better. She decided to close her shop. I tried to convince her that she should keep it open because that where she had her happiness but she told me that it held to many bad memories.

        Right now she is relaxing on the couch with her father who came to visit. She has been spending a lot of time with her father which I believe is a good thing since they missed so many years together. I am working in my office going over some reports when I hear the front door open and close. A few moments later I hear some knocking on the door to my office. Looking up I see Layanna standing there looking beautiful as ever in her house gown that she bought offline. I smile at her and she smiles back as she slowly walks over to me and sits on the chair across from the desk.

        “Shawn I know what I want to do.” she said looking at me.

        “Oh yeah and what is that love?” I ask her giving her my full attention.

        “I would like to open a studio where I can teach children and adults how to paint.” She says.

        “If that is what you want to do I think that’s a great idea sweetheart? When would you want to open this studio?”

        “I am not sure yet but soon I want to get better first I have to perfect place for it.”

        “Oh yeah where is that at?” I ask her.

        “I want to open it where the jewelry shop used to be now that the jewelry is cleared out of there It is the perfect space to hold a studio with all of the natural lighting and the space.” She says.

        “That’s a great idea.” I say

        I get up from my side of the desk and walk over to her side of the desk and sit in the other chair before pulling her into my lap. When she is comfortable i hear her let out a soft sigh as she stares into eyes and I stare right back. I see how her eyes are studying my face as I look deep into her chocolaty orbs.

        “Kiss me Shawn” she says

        I waste no time as I connect my lips to her soft ones. I feel the warmth from her lips, the slight puff of air as she sighs into my mouth before I deepen the kiss. I feel the world stop and the fireworks collide in my mind as we kiss. I feel the love swell in my heart as we continue to explore each other’s mouth before we pull away gasping for breath. Her lips are puffy from all the kissing. She begins to smile which makes me smile before she burst into a fit of giggles with her head dropped back and her arms wrap around my neck and I laugh with her.    

****** 3 hours later******

        We are at the studio its empty so there is room for us to walk around and make plans about the new studio. She tells me she wants the walls to be a lively colors one yellow one green one purple and one blue. And she wants the floor to stay as is. She got on the computer and was looking for some art desk and easels we went home after that and had dinner Chinese food and it was good. I sat on the bed in my pajama bottoms and she came out of the bathroom wearing my t-shirt. She pulled the covers back before climbing in and cuddling up to me. Her head was on my chest. She was tracing the tattoo on my chest for a while as we watched the television together before she fell asleep. I reached over with my free arm and turned out the light.  Closing my eyes I said a silent prayer in my head thanking God for this beautiful woman here on my chest. I plan on growing old with her.

###############2 days later#################

Layanna’s POV

        Shawn and I are at the studio painting the walls he went and got the paint for me earlier while I laid out the painting tarp so we didn’t get any on the carpet. I sent Shawn out to get some food while I was opening the yellow paint. The radio was on and Rihanna’s Please Don’t Stop the Music came on and I was dancing and singing along to the music so I didn’t hear the door open nor did I hear Shawn come it until I felt his arms around my waist. I jumped and he started laughing at me. So I took the paint brush and splattered him with the yellow paint. His face was priceless. I don’t think I have laughed so hard in my life.  My laughter abruptly stopped when i felt the purple paint being splattered on me. It was on then. I grabbed the yellow and green paint and splattered him with both and he picked up the cup of the purple and threw it on me. It went on until we were covered and we laughing so hard we couldn’t laugh any more. He was about to splash me with the green but I called a truce. Giggling he kisses me and I smile and kiss him back.

        “I love you Layanna” he says

        “I... I love you  too Shawn” I say and he picks me up twirling me around before kissing me again. It was one of those deep, mind numbing, toe curling kisses that make you forget your name and make you feel all light headed with a rush of 1000 butterflies in your stomach.

        When we break apart I hug him with my head on his chest and I glance at the wall. It was covered in paint splatters. We didn’t even notice that we were splattering the wall with our paint war it looked awesome. I looked at him and could tell he was thinking the same thing. It looked like one of the paintings in the art museums that people pay top dollar for. We pack up and head home after changing into a spare pair of clothes.

____________________________________________________

Comment

Vote

What do you guys think?

There are only a few chapters left.