chapter 19

Unedited but please read on

Layanna POV

            I let my head drop back down in defeat. I hear Paula laughing in front of me. Her sickening laugh is enough to make me want to vomit. I see my short life flashing in slow motion before my eyes. I see the happy moments that I had with my parents and the happy moments with Shawn and I feel all the love that we built between us in the short amount of time. I find myself asking God why it was me who had to go and why I had to go through so much pain in my lifetime. I ask God what I ever did to deserve the hurt people throw my way. I hear the click of the gun right before she pulls the trigger.

BAM!!!

             I hear the gun being fired and I tense to feel the bullet pierce my skin but I don’t feel it. I lift my head cautiously to see what happened and what I saw shocked me even more. Paula pulled the trigger on my grandfather and shot him in the leg. I looked over and saw that he was desperately trying to keep from falling to the ground.

            “You think I am stupid, DONT YOU?!!” Paula screamed at him after she shot at him.

            “I knew you were a weak bastard but I didn’t know you were this weak. We could have been living large but it’s no matter I was just going to kill you after because you would know entirely way too much. But I think that I will kill you now.” Paula tells my grandfather as she takes steps closer to him.

            “I hope you rot in hell you hate bitch!!!” My grandfather tells her as he pulls out a gun.

BAM!!! BAM!!! BAM!!!

            I see my grandfather get shot in the chest, and stomach as he shoots her in the arm. He tried to aim for her heart but because he was losing so much blood it was difficult for him. Paula walks to him and fires one last shot to his head killing him instantly. The silent tears become sobs and the sobs become screams of agony as i feel my hope of leaving the place alive is squashed.

            “Now it’s your turn to die bitch.!!!” Paula says coming up to me.

            “I hope you get everything that is coming to you Paula. You have nothing to hate me for but you do. I love your son but you can’t see that. You don’t have to be a part of our lives if you don’t find it suitable for your lifestyle.” I tell her.

            “Bye Bitch.” Paula says and pulls the trigger. I feel the bullet hit me hard in the chest. I mentally prepare myself for the next one.

            “LAYANNNNNNNAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” I hear Shawn scream as he runs over to me. I feel my body go hot and cold, hot and cold and my vision going in and out. I try and be strong for Shawn he is always so strong for me but I feel myself losing that battle.

            The next shot never comes I look up to see Paula being dragged away in hand cuffs and then paramedics rushing in to tend to me. I see the police taking my grandfather away after covering him with a blanket. I see the love of my life next to my side holding my hand. The paramedics take me to the ambulance and hook me to the monitors. I look and see Shawn sitting there in the seat holding my hand while we ride to the hospital.

            “Shawn I love you.” I tell him “Thank you for saving me.”

            “You’re welcome Layanna, but it was really your grandfather that saved you he notified us.”            

            When we arrived at the hospital I am rushed through the doors and straight to the O.R.. It was at least three hours later before I woke up from the anesthetic. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a regular hospital room. There was an ache in my chest which is from where they took the bullet out. I look next to me and see Shawn and the person that I thought was dead my…

COMMENT VOTE FOLLOW

Who do you think it is?

Do you think Paula will come back for round two?