chapter 9

LaLa's POV

Shawn was about to kiss me when all of a sudden the door was being pushed open by who I assumed was his father. I know that his parents don’t approve of him dating someone outside of his race which to me is very closed minded. Mentally I was bracing myself for the venomous, racist words that would come flying my way as soon as his dad saw that I was black. Both of his parents walked in and did not even notice me at first because Shawn went over there to where they were to great them.

“Hey dad, mom.” Shawn said to both of them as he hugged them.

“Hey sport how have you been?” his dad said

“I have been okay just have been worried about my girlfriend she is banged up pretty bad I am hoping and praying that she pulls through.” Shawn said

“Ah yes your girlfriend, what room is she in?” his mother said.

“You’re in the right room you guys, she is over there lying on the bed asleep I think.” Shawn said

“Shawn your dating a black girl?!” his mother screetched and then stormed out of the room.

“Shawn why would you stoop down so low, you do know that if you were desperate to find someone to date I would have gladly found you a good wholesome white girl that is inside of our own race to date. You need to break up with that gold digger at once and come home at once.” His dad said

“Dad I love her she is the sweetest girl I have ever met, she is not like those other girls. Just because she is black does not mean that she is a gold digger. She is the exact opposite of that. She owns her own business owns her own home so she is very independent.” Shawn said defending me.

“Shawn it will only be a matter of time before she becomes a gold digger. But not only that all black people are loud, ghetto, unsophisticated, and just all in all unfit to be a part of human society. The only thing that black people are good for is picking cotton and obeying a master. In my opinion Hitler chose the wrong race to try and be rid of. She is just a good for nothing nigg—“ His dad said in a fit of anger before getting cut off by shawn.

“You know what dad I know that you may not agree with my choices but I refuse to sit here and let you call her that. This girl has been nothing but the best. And I am not going to let you talk down about her. She is a human being just like me and you and she doesn’t deserve your verbal abuse if you want to not be in my life then go ahead but I am done trying to convince you otherwise. She means the world to me.” Shawn said.

“Shawn if you don’t break up with her right now then I will disown you and take you out of my will.” His dad said

“Go ahead and take me out of the fucking will I don’t give a damn but I am not backing down from my decision.” He said leading his father out into the hallway.

I sat on the hospital bed sad and tired. I didn’t want him to choose his family over I didn’t want to be considered a home wrecker by any means. This is so sad to me. I am just tired of all of the drama that is going on in my life it is not even funny. Suddenly I feel a pang of pain going through my stomach its like someone had took a sledge hammer and slammed it into my stomach I heard the heart rate monitor go haywire. I look over and see my doctor and a nurse following close behind him with Shawn on their heels. The doctor gave me some pain medication and then asked me where it hurt. I was crying and couldn’t really answer properly. I moved my free hand to the general direction of my stomach area and the doctor moved back the covers and saw immediately what was wrong. I was rushed into the operating room and given an anesthetic.

2 hours later

I am back in my room and the doctor comes in and tells me that I had rib that was broken and it had slipped and was hitting my stomach and lungs and liver so they had to remove it and then put it back in the right place. Shawn couldn’t come into the operating room so he was going crazy with worry. When I finally came out he was there holding onto my hand. Once the doctor left I had no energy to do anything but sleep so I went to sleep.

Comment vote

okay you guys tell me what you guys think