chapter 20

Don’t shoot me you guys I know that it has been a while but I have just finished school and I am on Christmas break. But I will upload more frequently now I promise.

Not edited please read onJ

Layanna POV

            I looked over to the side of me where Shawn was sitting and I saw my dad. I have not seen him in years my mother told me that he was dead and that he died running away from me because I was such a disobedient daughter. But there he was sitting there watching me watch him. Tears are falling from my eyes I just cannot believe that he is sitting here with me. I have missed him so much. I remember the day when I was five years old.

FLASHBACK

            “DADDY I did it I finally did it.” I said standing proudly in my helmet and kneepads.

            “Finally did what baby girl” he said coming to pick me up for a hug.

            “I rode my bike without the training wheels on.” I say

            “Really now” he said

            “Yes daddy really all by myself, watch I will do it again.” I say getting back on my bike taking off down the street. My dad was cheering me on and I was smiling so hard I turned my head around to wave at him and crashed into a bush. He came running to me and picked me up.

            “Baby girl you got to watch where you are going. Because you are daddies little princess and I need you to be safe. Okay.” He said

            “Okay daddy.” I said to him smiling.

            “I love you daddy”

            “I love you to baby girl. You will always be my little princess”

FLASHBACK OVER

            I missed my father. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. I saw the hurt and the sadness there. He tried to hide it with a smile but it did not work It was still there. He reached out and grabbed my hand to hold it. I felt his hand squeeze mine and I squeezed his back.

            “Daddy I thought you were dead” I say to him

            “No baby girl I was never dead, I missed you every single second, and minuet, hour, and day I was gone.” He said

            “Where did you go? Why did you leave me there with mom?” I ask sitting up.

            “I got drafted back out and when I came home three years and two months later you and your mom were nowhere to be found. I found out where you were through a newspaper article and some old friends. I called your mom the day I returned and she told me she found someone else. I cried and cried because she had you and I could not get to you. I thought you did not care for me anymore or were angry at me for leaving because I left. I sent you letter after letter and got no response.” He said

            “Whoa dad what letters I never got any letters from you. I would ask mom everyday if I got anything in the mail from you and one day she looked at me and yelled for me to ‘shut the hell up,’ and that ‘I would never get anything from you because you were dead.’ I thought that you had forgotten all about me. “ I say to him

            “Princess I could never forget about you, you were my baby girl. I want you to always remember that. I wrote to you how much I missed you and how much I wished I was there watching you grow and progress through life. Knowing your mother she probably hid all the letters from you or destroyed them because that is just the type of person that she is.”

            “Dad I believe you, I love you and have never stopped loving you.” I say

            “I see that you have you a young man here that cares deeply for you just as much as I would care for you. He is just right for you. I don’t care about color I just care that he treats you right so you just let me know if he screws up and I will use my shotgun.”

            “Okay daddy.” I say laughing.

            We continue talking for about two hours about what has been going on in life and about what has been happening recently. The nurses came in a couple of times to check on me and then to administer pain killers to help with the pain that I was experiencing. The doctor came in once and told me that I needed to rest so that I could heal properly. After my dad promising to be here when I woke up and a kiss from Shawn I went to sleep.

Shawn POV

            It was really sweet watching them reunite like they did. I wish that my dad had the same or similar views. I wish the world was not so damned racist and people could live peacefully. I love her and he father is just a added plus to the mix because now she knows that there are people who love her and who are not out to get her.

Comment Vote and Fan

What do you think?

What do you think of her dad?

Would you have killed her mom off a long time ago?