PROLOUGE

when two pure blood families, the Gaunt family and the Grindlewand family, mix.

Morfin Gaunts forgotten daughter, Mary Gaunt, who was no more of a piece of gum he'd flick off his shoe due to her being a squib fell in love with a man, Victor Grindlewand, the forgotten grandson of Gellert Grindlewand.

On July 25th 1980, they gave birth to a daughter, they named her Arabelle Aquila Gaunt-Grindlewand, her name meaning graceful eagle, which was a perfect fit for their daughter.

From the moment she could talk she was a firecracker, she would talk back and argue a lot, she would lie, but she was amazing in her parents eyes.

When she was ten she made her first real friends, three girls who she shared an odd bond with, they were all attracted to each other instantly, like twin flames.

In contrast to the other girls, Arabella was a keen leader, she was sneaky compared to her friends, she taught them how to steal chocolate muffins from the cafe when the baristas weren't looking.

She claimed "it's not against the rules if you don't get caught."

The girls all brought their part into the group, creating the best mix of people, even though they always butt heads on everything.

All of them would fantasise about the wizarding schools they were to attend one day, talking about what they could do at the schools, like fun sleepovers, where they'd listen to music and talk about everyone they'd met.
-
When Arabella was ten, she learnt hand to hand combat with her father, he taught her about different weapons, he taught her how to shoot a pistol and gifted her one, along with a switchblade.

Of course, they were locked up until she actually needed them, which annoyed her a tinge, since she'd love to get some practice in since her father was at work constantly now.
-
When she turned eleven she recieved her letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she was joyful to say the least, she spent her day parading around the house talking about what she was going to do there.

"You can bring a dog can't you? No? Ugh I don't like that! I'll bring an owl and Pepper then." She says, leaning on the kitchen aisle.

"You do that love, now, go upstairs whilst I'm cooking tea okay?" Her mother says, Arabelle looks at her in utter shock and disgust.

"What am I meant to do? Tell the cat about this?" She asks, her mother chuckles and shakes her head.

"Get upstairs."

Arabelle stomps outside, not following her mother's order, instead she went to sit on the wooden swing in the rose garden, where she watched the ducks in the pond, deciding names for each and every one.

She sat in content with her book and sat there until the sun started setting and her mother called her in for food.