PART EIGHTEEN - CHRISTMAS BREAK

The hallways were full of people rushing in and out of her house, Arabelle was sat in her room listening to one of the maids babble on about the dress to her

"Your mother said you should wear her crown, do you wish to do so?- Oh aswell as that, I've had a corset delivered for the dress, it's a beautiful one it is." Rose says, Arabelle nods, dismissing the woman.

In the downstairs drawing room Arabelle's mother was pacing, something she only did when she felt as if something was going to go wrong, which she was always right, she feared that one day Arabelle would inherit this ability, which it was better she didn't, because Arabelle's mother went through immense periods of stress and anxiety.

Her mother predicted the first great war, which was the only 'ability' she ever had, she couldn't cast spells like Arabelle could. Arabelle's ability's were way beyond her age, she could cast wordless, wandless spells with the flick of a hand.

Arabelle had an amazing ability to manipulate situations for her own good, whether that was a power or not, somewhat like a veela, she could make people do what she wanted, whether that came down to inheriting the most ethereal beauty of her mother, or the unbeknownst powers she had.

She was also amazing at occulumency and wasstill learning lelligemency.

Her mother also learned she had magical resistance, where she could resist certain spells, although it was sometimes difficult for more powerful spells.

Nobody knew how talented she actually was, they knew she had the family name and the captivating looks, only her parents and maids knew the extent of her talents.

Arabelle threw on a silk robe and slippers, making her way downstairs where her mother was stood at the drawing room desk that her father used to regularly work on.

"Arabelle! How are you? Fittings going alright?" Mary asks, Arabelle shrugs, tracing her finger on the desk.

"Mother- something isn't right, I haven't been able to concentrate all day, it doesn't feel right, maybe it's because I miss father-" She says, pausing as her mother runs her hands through her hair and sighs, standing up.

"What's wrong?" Arabelle asks, Arabelle's mother shakes her head.

"I feared this would happen, I have these feelings, they always turn out to be true and I've also had the same feeling since dawn, I wouldn't fret it too much, if anything does happen I have faith that you can protect yourself, you're a strong woman you know." Her mother tells her, holding Arabelle's face in her hands and kissing her forehead.

"Right, I'll get Harewood to put extra protection around the house, you go busy yourself with something else." Her mother says, Arabelle nods, running her hands through her hair and making her way upstairs, looking through the windows to see extra guards marching around the house and her mother stood beside Harewood as he put a protection spell around the house.

She sighed, making her way to the third floor of the house, entering her room and sitting at her window watching the stars and the garden that started to look more christmassy as the snow fell down and the trees lit up with assorts of fairy lights.

She lit a cigarette as tears fell down her eyes, she felt so overwhelmed, she had no particular reason, instead there was a million different ones all at once.