Chapter 1: First Day

I look down at my phone and check the time. 10:38.

Crap.

It's my first day and I'm already late. Great job, Jazzy. I quickly open Messages and decide to let Lin know that I'm running late.

AndAllThatJazz: Hey Lin, I'm running a little late today. Sorry. I'll be there in like 5 minutes.

HamLINtonGenius: Hey Jazzy! It's all good. We're still waiting on one other person besides you, so no worries!

AndAllThatJazz: Great! See you soon!

I quickly speed walk once I turn the corner to see the theater, sitting there right in front of me. This is special, I thought to myself. I just knew it.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I reach for the door to the theater. Feeling someone else's touch, I quickly shoot back, dropping my phone.

"Oh my god- I'm so sorry!" I say, reaching down to grab my phone.

"No, don't be. It's my fault anyway." The person says, kneeling to also pick my phone up for me. As we both reach down, our hands touch. Looking up, our eyes meet.

Holy shit.

Scanning over him, I couldn't help but stare. He has curly shoulder-length hair, gorgeous eyes, and freckles, dotting his face, with lips that I would pay to kiss.

"Excuse me?" He says, snapping me out of my thoughts."

"Yeah, hi! Um- I'm sorry I was just-"

"It's okay, it's my fault. I was on my phone." He says, standing up. He reaches his hand out to me to grab. I smile and accept, lifting myself up.

"Thanks, but I was in my own head, I don't know what I was doing," I giggle nervously, looking at the ground to hide my flushed face.

"It's cool, you in Hamilton?" he replies handing me my phone, only to see a missed call from Lin. The guy's phone then begins to ring.

"Yeah, I play- holy crap, rehearsal started 10 minutes ago!" I say, widening my eyes, opening the door to the theater. He ignores the call and rushes into the theater behind me.

"AH! Finally! You've arrived!" I hear Lin say from on the stage. The rest, of what I'm assuming is the cast, begins to giggle.

"Sorry y'all, there was a little mishap outside," I reply, looking at the freckled guy to my right.

"Anyways, hurry up and get up here so we can do introductions!" Lin says, causing the two of us to run-up to the stage. Once I get up there, I sit in between two other girls, one with straight, dark brown hair, and pale skin, with a huge smile painted across her face as I sit down, and the other with curly black hair and darker skin. I give them both a smile as I sit down next to them, watching as the guy from outside sat down next to Lin.

"Okay, now that we are all officially here and we are all settled, let us get to introductions. Everybody say your name, the character or characters you play, and a fact about yourself. I'll start. My name is Lin-Manuel Miranda, you can all call me Lin, I play Hamilton himself, and I pay all you little bastards." Lin said, making every burst out into a fit of giggles. "Anthony next."

"Hey, I'm Anthony," started the guy from outside, rising from his seat. "I play John Laurens and Phillip Hamilton, and this morning I ran into a really gorgeous girl outside." He looked at me at that last part. Why did he look at me?! Did he just call me gorgeous?! Or did he just happen to run into 2 random girls outside this morning? I smiled widely and put my head down to hide my blush from him, even though my face was so red that everyone noticed, and since he looked at me when he said that everyone else was also looking at me.

"Smooth Anthony, smooth..." A guy with poofy hair said.

"ANTHONY LIKES JAZZY!" Lin screamed out. I could hear the faint ooh's and aww's on the background from everyone. I looked back up slightly to see Anthony starting to turn red. Well, at least I know that I'm not the only one that feels like they're gonna explode.

"Anyways, to continue with introductions, my name is Leslie Odam Jr., but you guys can just call me Leslie. I play Aaron Burr, and I did a show called Tik, Tik... Boom! with L in a while back." Leslie finished. Eventually, it was my turn.

"Hey y'all, I'm Jasmine-Cephas Jones, but I also go by Jazzy, or Jas, or Jasmine-"

"And you're cute!" Anthony cut in, causing everyone around us to ooh and aw.

"Well... I play Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds. Um... A fun fact about me is that I was born and raised in Brooklyn, and have lived here all my life." I said, sitting down.

"Wait... Jasmine-Cephas Jones? Like Ron-Cephas Jones?" asked, the same poofy haired guy, whose name I recently learned to be Daveed. I silently nodded, moving my hair from my face.

"Damn, well that's cool," Oak answered. After everyone had said their introduction, Lin excused us to go find our dressing rooms and get to know each other.

I walk up the stairs and find 3 rooms. The first with a sign reading Renée Elise Goldsberry, the second reading Jasmine-Cephas Jones, and the last room reading Phillipa Soo. I walk into my dressing room, put my stuff down, and just look around. Inside is a couch with a throw blanket a top, and a couple of chairs lining along with the mirror and counter. I was startled by a knock on my door.

"Hey Jas, it's just me and Renée," I heard Pippa say from outside the door.

"Come in!" I said, sitting down in one of the chairs.

"So... you and Anthony?" Pippa asked, walking in, seating herself on the couch next to Renée, who was squealing. I smiled widely as I felt my face quickly begin to heat up at the mention of his name.

"I heard my name?" Someone said from the door, which Pippa left open. God damn it, Pippa. My head quickly shot back at the sound of his voice.

"Speak of the devil! Hey Ant!" said Renée looking over to the door. I quickly turned away from embarrassment. Ant walked inside and pulled one of the chairs out in front of me to face me, and sat. Right in front of me. WHY?! This is so embarrassing.

"What did you guys do to her?" Ant asked Pippa and Renée, sarcastically, causing Pips and Nae to start giggling.

"We mentioned youuuuu." Pippa replied, dramatically dragging out the you. I looked up at him, pouting from even more embarrassment, to see him blushing.

"There isn't anything going on between Ant and me, we're just friends!" I stated, glancing over to Ant. There seemed to be a look of disappointment in his eyes.

"Mhm, not yet." Renée let out, falling into a fit of giggles with Pippa.

We were then all called out to the stage so that Lin could explain what was going to happen at rehearsals and layout a plan for the next couple of weeks. Once we were excused I went back up to my dressing room and gathered up my stuff. I reached for my phone in my back pocket, only to realize that it wasn't there. I put my bag down to search there too, but couldn't find it.

"Looking for this?"

1260 words

a/n

oOoOoh, a cliffhanger... um yeah... i have no words. Idk if this is good or bad, but just go with it. ty for reading lol. mk bye.

-deja