chapter 2 page 2

• Dedicated to Best Igwe

It was a beautiful Saturday morning and Beverly hill  had never looked so beautiful and peaceful with the sun shining and glowing a very beautiful day at 7:30 in the morning.  Diana had her hair in a pony tail looking like a million dollars. She showed her  smooth curvy face, mesmerising long eye lashes and electric blue eyes. She wore a white tracksuit ready for her morning jog she heard a familiar knock downstairs and went to answer it. “Hey Lucy” Lucy was wearing a sports top and black leggings with trainers. “Hey sunshine” Lucy walked in “don’t think I’ve forging you for bailing on your birthday party” Diana gave a smouldering smile “I came back and helped clean up the mess didn’t”.  Lucy backed down “yeah you did, hmm by the way someone saw you leave with Michael the new guy” Diana face glowed with a smile that shimmered guilt, as if she had been caught doing something naughty. “Oh yeah I just need some fresh air and he was good company”. Lucy looked at Diana accusingly “your totally smitten by him aren’t you? I’ve never seen you smile like that ever since your sister died” Diana glow faded away instantly like a candle light was just blow off. “Yeah I know” she said then shrugged, then she turned to face Lucy “well it seemed like the love potion didn’t work, I thought he’ll be all over Bethany like the air he needs to breathe or something”, Lucy just smiled “I kind of knew it wouldn’t work, I only did it so Bethany would let us use her house for your birthday party. It only works on people who are weak minded, not on the strong minded” she stopped and drank the cup of juice Diana gave her “And from the intense vibe I got form him he’s extremely strong minded, I get a strong power coming from him but it’s not a negative energy, it’s an energy gives me the sensation of safety and security, it’s weird I know”. Diana glow came back with the fire and desire burning from the kiss he gave her two night ago “I kissed him Lucy and he kissed me back with a passionate intensity like I’ve never felt before it felt like a fight has been lighted in me”. Lucy looked shocked “Why didn’t you tell me, I’m your best friend! And he kissed you and you didn’t tell me until now! Bethany’s going to kill you”, Diana just shrugged “I don’t care bonnie, he wasn’t her boyfriend, I’ve decided that I want him Lucy, and I’ll get him, it’s been a long time since I’ve felt like this Lucy, like there is a reason to live Lucy, and to Bethany he’s just a crush but he’s more that a crush to me. I don’t know what it is he just gets me” Lucy looked sympatric “I know. Bethany is already fuming with rage that the potion didn’t work, asking me if I did it correctly I don’t know what she’s going to do when she finds out he kiss you”.  Diana looked thoughtful; she looked extremely beautiful even in thought “I’ll tell her gently”.

Bethany walked up to the handsome, muscular figure in the food store and approached him with a sense of urgency “How did you know about the potion last night, did Bethany warn you, did Lucy tell you” Michael smiled mischievously “I just knew Bethany” then he walked out of the store without looking back to see Bethany astounded face.

Bethany’s room was massive, it was very girly and princess like, pink bed with wardrobe, immaculate white rug with pink fury mat. Bethany was panting and pacing in the room her features wild and furious, Diana and Lucy were watching her curiously like an interesting TV drama on television. “How could have the potion not work” Lucy was unsure if to answer but said “it only works on the weak minded”.  Bethany was deep in thought “I don’t like him anymore there’s something strange and off putting about him, I mean he wasn’t affected by the love potion, except if you trick Lucy which is unforgivable or you’ve lost your touch” Lucy looked annoyed “I gave you the correct potion, Bethany”.  Bethany was deep in thought for a moment, Diana and Lucy just watched her like a movie, she’d make a good actress though Diana “there’s something mysterious and weird about him” Diana gave a thundering smile of victory “the only reason you don’t like him is because he didn’t fall under your spell”. Bethany looked as if she just came across an idea “you told him didn’t you, you couldn’t stand the fact that I’ll ever be happy that I’ll get a guy for myself, you had to be the prettiest girl and most beautiful girl in the school, the cheer captain, school president, and that’s not all, you have all the boys falling at your feet” Diana looked offend and her facial expression changed with burning rage in her eyes “you say I get what I want, my kid sister is dead, my parents are getting a divorce, I dream about Emily every single day, I cry every single night, do you think all those other stuff matter, I could have told him but I didn’t want the fact that you’re a desperate little bitch to be exposed, and that’s what friend do I trusted Lucy to do the right thing”. Diana stomped off with Lucy charging after her to keep up “Diana wait” the door was shut with a big bang and Bethany suddenly felt guilty, sad and lonely in the big room all by herself.