chapter 5 page 1 (The Funeral/Farewell)

They woke up the next morning each other’s side. Good mourning Mr. Spears Diana said teasing Michael. “Good morning miss smith and how was your night”. Diana smiled.  It was perfect.  Diana looked at the clock “crap! It’s late. We need to take a shower and head to school”. Michael nodded as he watched Diana grab and run into the bathroom.  “I’ll just go home and have a shower”. He said and he disappears back to his house. Raphael was drinking tequila when Michael appeared at the spears house. “You’re drinking tequila this mourning? You’re meant to be an angel”. Raphael looked at Michael with scorn “right now I’m in a human body” he said and added “and human being sin. They are the embodiment of the seven deadly sins. And who are you to judge me. I’m not the one who had sex with a mortal last night”. And he walked off grabbing his martini with him.

Someone is in a good mood Lucy said. Diana was beaming with excitement. “I and Michael slept together last night”. Lucy screamed “really! Oh my god. I’m so happy for you. I guess that I’m the only virgin now. But I’m happy because you’re happy”. Diana laughed. Don’t tell Bethany though, because she is going to seriously not like it. Diana nodded. I know, but you know what I don’t care is the first time I’ve been happy in ages. And he’s meeting my dad tonight. Your dad’s coming Lucy asked. Yeah and he’s staying for the whole of next week but he’s going to be staying with my Granma though. My mom won’t let him stay with us. Lucy smiled “I’m so happy your dad’s coming. But Michael meeting your parents isn’t that a big step. Before you know it he’ll be asking you’re your hand in marriage. Shut up! Diana joked. “Any way’s he’s coming with his brother Raphael”. Wow! He has a brother I’m sure he’s as hot as Michael, maybe we could be boyfriend and girlfriend. How I wished I was coming to the dinner.  Diana giggled and almost fell laughing. You can see him when you come for a sleep over next tomorrow. And I’m thinking we should invite Maggie. After the funeral she will need a lot of support that day. I know I needed support.  Sure Lucy said.

“Hey guess what, Diana”. Michael was talking to Diana in the cafeteria. What! Diana was getting really excited. I have just been made the captain of the football team. Wow! Diana exclaimed. Yeah the coach was so impressed with my performance during the game so he made me the captain. Diana smiled. I’m so happy for you but I’m sure Matthew is not thrilled about the idea. Michael nodded “yeah, but I can handle him”. Diana grinned “what is it with me dating the captain of the team. I’m now I’m the cheer leader were going to be the “it couple. Michael laughed. Diana pecked him “good. I’m very happy for you. I’ve got to head to class now, I’ll see you later and we would celebrate tonight.  That’s if you’re still up for it”. Michael nodded as he remembered “yeah tonight. It will be great meeting your dad”. And Diana left with her lunch.

Diana, Raphael was in the kitchen and Michael had been setting the dining table. “Thank you Raphael for offering to do this it means a lot to me”. Raphael grinned. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for a beautiful woman like you making Diana blushed. Careful now, I’m dating your brother she joked and the doorbell ranged.  Hello dad, I’m so glad to see you. Diana said hugging her dad. Hello my angel. Hello sir Michael said. Dad this is my boyfriend Michael. Mr Smith shakes hands with Michael. Nice to meet you Sir Michael said. And that’s Raphael. Diana added. Michael’s brother and they both live next door. They sat eating at the table. So how is your mother? Diana coughed. Well she’s mom. She has been worst ever since Emily died. I mean at least when Emily was alive she was so focus and hell bent on making her better and had made it her life’s mission. Now that’s she’s dead she doesn’t know what to do. Mr Smith shrugged I know. She just need time adjusting but she loves you and care about you very much. To change the subject Diana said “Michael had just started school and he made straight A’s in all his paper and is the captain of the football team.  Bethany dad looked impressed. “Wow, well done son, seems like you are doing very well”.

Michael smiled modestly “well, I work hard”. Raphael laughed “I thought him everything he knows”. Really Mr Smith asked.  And just like that Raphael and Joe smith hit it off. Raphael made up stories about how he had looked after his brother after their mother died and how Michael was a slacking kid with horrible grades in school, but he encouraged him and made him better with Michael giving him a filthy look every time he said something very ridiculous. Joe laughed so hard. “I like this guy” he declared. Diana smiled “yeah he’s very funny”. Oh my dear, you just had your birthday a few weeks ago didn’t you. Diana nodded excitedly.  Joe brought out a pearl necklace form his briefcase. “This belongs to your grandmother before she died, she’ll love you to have it. Diana took it and hugged her dad. “Thank you. It’s so beautiful”. I’m sorry mom couldn’t be here she went to stay with Mrs. Moraine. Peter’s funeral is tomorrow. Joe smiled “don’t worry I’ll see her tomorrow at the funeral.  I have to go. It’s been nice seeing you darling and you too boys. And Raphael, maybe we could become good friends”. Yes Sir Raphael replied. They shake hands an h left while Michael and peter help Diana clear and wash up.