Chapter One

"I can't do this anymore, Elena," said Stefan to Elena as they sat on her front porch.
They both knew that Elena had feelings for someone else, she admitted that she still had feelings for Stefan, but she knew she had more towards the charming Mikaelson brother.
"I know, Stefan," answered Elena.
Elena knew it wasn't fair on Stefan or Damon, but she couldn't help who she fell for. They sat in silence for a while, the silence was nice, but it was ruined when Stefan's phone started to ring, it was Damon.
"Damon, what's wrong?" Stefan asked when he answered the phone.
"If we can't have her, no one else can," replied Damon
"Damon, whatever you're planning, stop. Because you'll just get yourself killed!"
"You know it's the right thing to do, brother. You just don't want her to hate you for it,"
Before Stefan could reply, Elena grabbed the phone out of Stefan's hands and shouted down the phone, "If you hurt him, I swear to god, I will kill you!"
"What happened to not wanting to hurt us, Elena?" Replied Damon.
Elena stuttered and hung up, 'Damon wasn't worthy of an explanation', she thought to herself.
"He's not going to hurt him, he's not that stupid," said Stefan trying to calm Elena down.
"Well, he's going to try!" Began Elena, "He's an original, Stefan. He'll either kill him or get himself killed,"
Stefan said nothing, he just got up and walked over to his car. He quickly drove off, not giving Elena a second glance. Elena then vamp-ran to the Salvatore Mansion, hopefully to make it there before Damon left. Luckily, when she went inside the house Damon was still there, packing a bag full of weapons, including the White Oak Stake.
"Damon, please don't?" begged Elena.
"Why not, Elena?" Damon replied angrily.
"Because..you'll die!" shouted Elena.
"No, don't pretend this is about me! Me and you both know it's because of him, you just don't want him to get hurt or possibly die. You told me and Stefan, that you don't want to choose between us, which fair enough, I get. But if you were so worried about hurting us, why get feelings for someone else? It doesn't make sense, Elena,"
"Damon, I'm sorry! It's not like I can choose who I - who I.." Elena trailed off, knowing she couldn't finish the sentence, "You know what, do what you want. You'll just lose me forever either way,"
And with that, Elena stormed out of the house leaving Damon alone with the thought of loosing Elena, he shook it off and picked up the bag and walked out of the house. He took out his phone and dialled the number in.
"Damon?" Said an familiar voice when he answered the phone.
"We need to talk, my house, outside, now," Damon said rather sternly.
He was going to kill Elijah or at least die trying. And then, Elijah shown up, wearing a suit, like always. But he seemed to look different, more flustered.
"Damon, what is so urgent you need to speak to me about straight away?" Asked Elijah rather smoothly, "Is it Elena? Is she okay?"
Damon chuckled said, "Yeah, you could say that,"
Damon cracked his neck and took out the White Oak Stake, which caused Elijah to tense up.
"I'm assuming you want to try and kill me? But let me assure you, you can't beat me," remarked Elijah.
"Why is it never me?" Damon shouted.
"Excuse me?" replied Elijah.
"I'm always the one who never gets the girl, always!"
"You want to kill me because of family drama, between your brother and beloved?"
"Ohh, you don't know?"
"I'm sorry, know what?"
Damon shrugged it off and immediately charged towards Elijah, stake in hand.