mythology

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

"one single thread of gold tied me to you."

- invisible string by taylor swift

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

'golden lovers prophecy'

the lovers woven with blessed gold
windows of the soul behold
death appeased by lovers pain
bound and doomed to meet again
becoming one sealed with a kiss
the further apart death won't dismiss

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

THERE'S a story, nearly as old as time itself, of two lovers who were so strongly connected to one another, that a small piece of their souls was woven into the other. that piece kept the two connected, so no matter where they went they always had each other.

one day, the husband left for a trip to get a surprise gift for his wife. he told her he would be back no later than a month from the moment he left. upon the first day of leaving, there was a tiny pit of unease growing in both of their stomachs. as time went on, the longer they were apart, the deeper and darker that pit grew.

a month passed and the husband did not return for, unbeknownst to her, he had drowned in his attempt to get her a gemstone for the necklace he planned to give her.

the woman was beside herself with grief. even though the wife didn't know her husband had died, the moment he did she felt a sharp pain in her chest. her heart gave out shortly after, unable to live without her lover in the world.

aphrodite watched the couple's tragic story and couldn't help but take pity on them. as the wife died, she blessed the woven piece of their souls with a tight, gold thread so that they would be reborn and find each other again. to appease hades, aphrodite placed a curse among the blessing; they were destined for a tragic love story.

their purpose is to find each other. once they're connected, they slowly wither away if they're without the other for too long. if one dies, the other will as well in a matter of a few weeks, or even days.

the lovers are fated for a tragic love, dying and being reborn forever.

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽