IV

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

DIANA bit her lip anxiously as she watched Percy walk. His legs looked like they would give out with one wrong step. It felt like watching a toddler take their first steps. He clutched the shoebox to his chest with a tight grip. She observed how his eyes scanned the valley that stretched up to the lake as it came into view. His gaze flickered to and from the volleyball courts, the amphitheater, the arena, the stables, and the pavilion that sat in the distance behind a ring of cabins. Campers in their orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirts ran around with varying layers of armor and weapons.

At the end of the porch, Mr. D and Chiron sat around in a game of pinochle, while Annabeth leaned on the porch railing beside them looking bored. Mr. D's vibrant Hawaiian shirt was especially eye-catching but in the worst way possible.

"That's Mr. D," Grover murmured to Percy, "He's the camp director. Be Polite. The girl, that's Annabeth Chase. She's just a camper, but she and Diana have been here longer than just about anybody." Percy's instinct was to look to Diana, whose face flushed at the sudden mention of her name. "And you already know Chiron..."

The was a brief moment where Diana watched Percy's face as he realized who sat in the wheelchair before he cried out, "Mr. Brunner!" Chiron lifted his gaze and a warm grin spread on his face in response.

"Ah, good, Percy," he said. "Now we have four people."

Diana leaned next to Annabeth who wordlessly greeted her with a friendly shoulder bump.

Chiron gestured for him to sit in the chair to the right of Mr. D who heaved a deep sigh and looked bored at Percy. "Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you." To which Percy scooted his chair a little further away.

"Uh, thanks." 

"Annabeth? Diana?" Chiron called and the two girls came to stand by the sides of his chair. "These two young ladies nursed you back to health, Percy. Annabeth, my dear, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk? We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now."

"Sure, Chiron," Annabeth said with a small nod, before glancing at Percy. Upon seeing her gaze on the shoebox that contained the Minotaur horn in his hands, he looked like he was expecting her to say something.

"You drool when you sleep."

His brows scrunched a bit and his head cocked slightly in response to her, while the blonde sprinted off. Diana hid a laugh with her hand seeing his cheeks flush in embarrassment. She gave Percy a little wave and walked in the direction Annabeth went, deciding to go with her. Though she didn't see it, a small smile cracked on the corner of his lip as he gave a little wave back to her retreating figure.