VII

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

AFTER the incident during the game of capture the flag, the campers avoided Percy like the plague. Even Annabeth advised Diana to stay away, but Diana couldn't bring herself to ignore him. Despite the rest of cabin eleven being too nervous to train with Percy, Diana had no problem joining Luke and him for sword training.

Their lessons were mostly one-on-one between Percy and Luke, but in an effort to not isolate Percy, she sat in shouting encouragement while the two boys fought. Luke had no intentions of going easy on Percy. In fact, he was pushing the younger boy harder than ever. Every bruise Percy collected made Diana wince, but she knew it was for his own good. As a demigod, a Son of Poseidon at that, he had to know how to protect himself.

Annabeth was not happy at all when Poseidon claimed Percy and she was even less happy when she figured out Diana was still hanging around him. Most days after his greek lessons with Annabeth, Diana would meet up with Percy to walk with him to the sword-fighting arena. Annabeth would scowl at the sight and turn away with a huff. Anytime Diana would try to mention it, Annabeth would either stay silent or simply walk away. Diana found it very disheartening.

After Percy was claimed, her dreams began to shift.

One night, she remembers seeing a beach with destructive waves crashing violently on the shore. Lighting cracked through ashen clouds, thunder booming violently. Two burly men fought on the sand. Though they looked powerful and dangerous it almost looked like two kids fighting over a toy. It was almost amusing. She noticed how their figures shifted as they fought. One of the men shifted in and out of eagle and human form, the other a horse. 

She felt a scream erupt from her throat.

"STOP!" 

The two men stopped dead in their tracks and they whipped their heads in her direction.

She remembers the exact feeling when she saw their gazes land on her. Both of them had white, glowing eyes. Dread dripped into her stomach. Suddenly the sandy beach trembled and a large crack sounded. The sandy beach split and she was swallowed by the earth.