V

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

☽ 。・:*˚:✧。 ☽

ANNABETH walked ahead of Diana and Percy, and Diana couldn't help but silently laugh at the squeaking sound Annabeth's shoes made. She didn't seem to notice, probably too caught up in making a strategy for Friday's game of capture the flag to even care.

"Are you okay?" Diana asked Percy gently. Percy nodded, flashing her a light, reassuring smile.

"Are you? Okay, I mean?" Diana found it surprising that he had asked her that, having forgotten that she herself was soaked head to toe in bathroom water. He was the one who had to fight off four Ares kids, while Diana stood uselessly in the corner having nothing to do but watch. Diana exhaled through her nose and nodded.

"I'm okay." A small pause. "But, I didn't just mean back there with Clarisse. I mean, today has probably been super overwhelming for you, so... are you sure you're okay?" Percy considered what she said for a moment. Before he answered she leaned her head closer and lowered her voice. "It's okay to not be, by the way." Percy looked at the ground with a slight smile. He didn't end up answering, but Diana didn't mind.

They walked in mostly silence for the rest of the tour. The girls showed him the forgery, the arts-and-crafts room, and the climbing wall (Percy looked a little horrified upon seeing the lava that came pouring down the side.) Their last stop was back at the lake.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner is at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall. Diana will show you if you get confused."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets," Percy said before she walked off.

"Whatever."

"It wasn't my fault." Annabeth gave him a skeptical look and Percy seemed to realize that it actually was his fault. Diana hadn't given the incident too much thought after the fact, but she couldn't shake this weird feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth said suddenly. Diana's head turned to her so fast she almost got whiplash.

"Annabeth," Diana said with a warning tone.

"Who?" Percy looked between the two girls, confused.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron."

"Annabeth, seriously." Annabeth waved off her warnings. Percy stared into the lake, looking confused and more defeated than he seemed before.

Diana watched some of the Naiads in the lake smile and wave at Percy. He gave a hesitant wave back, and Diana hid a fond smile.

"Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts." Diana had heard the same warning from Annabeth before, but she never really heeded them well.

"Naiads," Percy repeated. Diana decided to sit. "That's it. I want to go home now."

Annabeth and Diana both frowned, but for two different reasons. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."