chapter nineteen

Here we goooooooooooooo! I just came up with a deliciously evil idea to add to this story so you're welcome :)

Jason looked from his spot in the construct, watching as Black Canary and Green Arrow woke up. Wonder Woman was currently working on stitching Batman up. He watched as Superman filled the two Leaguers in on the situation, guilt gnawing away at him.

"Superman, please. You need to let me go to Infinity Island. I need to right this wrong." Jason pleaded.

"I think you've done enough, Jason." Green Arrow looked at the teen, watching as he winced. He sighed. "We are arranging a squad to head there now. Don't worry, we won't let the team be chipped."

"When I last spoke with Dick, they were already there. You may be too late and you are going to need all the fighters you can get." Jason argued.

"Which is why they called us in." Jason turned to see Miss Martian and Superboy standing there, having come through the zeta tubes during the discussions. "We will get everyone back and out from under Ra's thumb, Jason."

"Let me help." Jason grit out.

"You can help by telling me what is going on." Jason flinched, looking past Miss Martian and Superboy to see Damian standing there with a confused expression. "Why are you in a cage, Jay? And why does most everyone here look hurt?"

Jason looked to the ground. "I think you know, little demon."

"I want to hear it from you, your side of the story, Jay." Damian pushed past everyone to walk to Jason, ignoring how the adults tensed when he got to the edge of the construct and reached his hand through. "Jason, what happened here?"

Jason swallowed. "I...I attacked father and the Justice League. I...I tried to kill...father."

Damian was silent for a moment, looking at Jason. "After they took us in and cared for us? You betrayed them?"

"...Yes."

Damian nodded slowly. "I see. Will you betray me, too?"

Jason looked up at Damian, his expression the embodiment of hurt. "Dami, I would never betray you. You are my purpose for existence. I live to serve and protect you. I would rather die than hurt you."

"Well, you hurt me, Jay. You hurt me real bad when you tried to kill my father." Damian pulled his hand back, turning away to walk over to Batman and Wonder Woman, the latter finishing up stitching the former's hand. "Will he be okay, Wonder Woman?"

"Little one-"

"Please, Jason. I am trying to inquire about my father. You know, the one you literally stabbed in the back." Damian didn't even turn to look at Jason when he spoke, instead focusing solely on Batman. "So, how is he?"

"He will recover." Wonder Woman assured the child. She looked to her fellow League mates. "When will the rest of the League show up?"

"Any minute now." As Green Lantern said that, the zeta tubes went off, announcing the arrivals of multiple members of the Justice League. "Or should I say, now."

The Justice League stood around, discussing a plan of action for rescuing those at Infinity Island when the computer lit up with an alert of an incoming ship. Everyone tensed when they realized it was the bioship. An audio only transmission started from the bioship. "Nightwing to Hood. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner but we have Talia. We are approaching the Watchtower now."

Jason looked to the Justice League, all of whom were looking at him expectantly. "Thank you, Nightwing. See you in a minute." The transmission ended and Jason faced the League. "Let me out. I can help."