epilogue

Here is the final (very, very short) part of the story. Thank you all for reading this story and commenting and voting, it truly means the world to me that people actually read the work I put up here.

Please check out my other works as well if you are interested!

*Two Years Later*

"Father! Have you seen Richard? He promised he would train with me today but I can't find him anywhere." Damian called out, walking through the manor. He couldn't find anyone, which was odd considering the amount of people that live in the home. "Jason? Mother? Cassandra? Timothy? Alfred?"

Damian continued to walk through the house, walking into the library when he heard a noise inside. He went further inside the room, nearly jumping out of his skin when his entire family jumped out from hiding spots at him. "Happy birthday Damian!"

"You're a whole seven years old today, little one. How does it feel?" Jason grinned down at his brother.

"Feels like any other day, Jason." Damian looked beyond Jason at Dick. "Are we training or not?"

"After the party, Damian." Dick replied as Alfred walked into the room with a cake, candles sticking out.

Damian looked to Talia who snapped a photo of him. "Mother!"

"What, Damian? It is for the family album." Talia smirked. "Now blow out the candles and make a wish."

Damian blew out the candles, taking the knife from Alfred. He cut the cake, handing pieces to everyone. He watched from the side of the room as everyone talked amongst themselves.

Jason sidled up next him, stealing a bite of his cake. "Hey!"

"What? You weren't guarding it." Jason grinned, his mouth full of cake. Damian rolled his eyes, waiting for Jason to look away before stealing a bite of his cake. Jason chuckled. "All's fair when it comes to food."

"Who had the idea for the party?" Damian asked, chomping on his cake.

"Mother." Jason replied, looking on as Talia chatted easily with Dick and Tim.

"Ah. I see." Damian hid his smile as he shoved more cake into his mouth.

"This is the happiest I've seen her, living here. Its been good for her." Jason chewed his food. "I'm glad she decided to stay."

"Yeah, me too." Damian hummed his agreement. "I'm glad we can all be a family together. I couldn't ask for anything more."

"You and me both, Dami." Jason wrapped an arm around Damian's shoulder. "You and me both."

fin.