chapter five

Things are heating up. I promise, we are almost to the meat of the story, I just want to show what Jason and Damian were doing while the whole third season was happening.

This chapter takes place directly after the last one.

Jason sat perfectly calm against the ropes, watching as the heroes dropped the meta-teens off at some sanctuary before boarding the ship, standing in front of Jason with their arms crossed as the bug piloted them away.

Jason looked around at the group, his head throbbing worse when he looked at the blonde woman, Grayson, and the black haired blue eyed male.

"I didn't realize the young Justice League took hostages." Jason drawled, working his hands behind his back to undo the ropes.

"Careful, Jason, do not underestimate them." Talia warned.

The unnamed blue eyed male narrowed his eyes at Jason. "Why were you in Bialya?"

"I help you save the meta-teens and this is the thanks I get? An interrogation?" The heroes did not look amused. Jason rolled his eyes. "I had a mission given to me by Ra's al Ghul to come here and observe. He has been keeping tabs on all of you since you trespassed onto our home, y'know. He has also been watching the Light and when your interests came to the same point, he sent me to see if he could gain anything from it."

"Who are you?" Grayson asked.

"Hood." Jason continued to work on untying himself as the heroes asked him questions.

"Good, don't tell them your real name. Don't tell them about Damian, either."

"What are you doing working for Ra's al Ghul? Why didn't you stay with the rest of the Shadows?" The blonde woman asked.

"I am Talia's...pet project. I am loyal to the al Ghul family and them alone." He stared right at Grayson. "No matter what other information comes to light."

"How old are you?" Grayson asked.

"Seventeen."

"What's your real name?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, Dickiebird?" Jason gasped silently at the name he called Grayson, having no idea where it came from.

"What did you just call me?" Grayson asked with wide eyes, looking down at Jason as if he saw a ghost.

Jason finally finished untying himself but held the ropes in place, not yet ready to make his escape. "You heard me. Now hear me when I say this...bioship override; Robin, open hatch." A hatch opened a foot in front of Jason. He slipped out of the ropes and dove to hatch, calling out to Ra's as he did so. "Ra's now!"

The helicopter, which had been flying below the bioship, tilted sideways with the door open. Jason landed as gracefully as someone with a broken leg could, commanding the pilot to fly them back home.

On board the bioship, the heroes stood stunned, looking at the place Jason had just been.

"How...how did he do that?" Brion asked. "He is not Robin, why did the bioship listen to him?"

"The bioship is voice activated to listen to current and past team members." Artemis explained. "However, that doesn't explain why it listened to him."

"His mask must disguise his voice, making him sound like...like Robin to the bioship." Conner deduced.

"But that name...how did he know that name?" Dick slumped into a chair, looking out at the retreating helicopter.

"Do you want to go after him?"

Dick thought about it. "No, I know where to find him. We'll get our answers, for now, we have a bigger picture to worry about."

On board the helicopter, Jason braced himself as he set his leg back into place, letting out a grunt while doing so. He saw a flash of white as the pain subsided, relaxing into the seat as the pilot flew them to their island.

"Jason, are you able to talk now?" Talia's voice come through the communication device in his ear and Jason nodded. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, mother. My left leg is broken and my neck is sore from being strangled but I will live." Jason looked down at his leg. "How is Damian?"

"I'm okay, Jay. I'm scared for you. Those meanies weren't very nice to you."

Jason chuckled. "They were just doing their job, little demon." Jason frowned, thinking back to his short lived time on the bioship. "Mother...how did my escape work? How did I know to do that?"

He heard Talia sigh on the other end of the line. "I'll explain when you get back home. We'll need to cast your leg. I'll try my best to tell you then."

Jason grunted in response, his leg throbbing. He closed his eyes, resting for the remainder of the flight back to Infinity Island.

Once they arrived on the island, Jason was immediately met by Talia helping him out of the craft. "Oh, my boy...come, let me fix you up." She helped him limp into the building and towards the medical room, placing him on the table. She got to work on casting his leg as Jason watched her with a curious expression. Talia sighed. "I told you I would explain when you got home, so I will, as much as I know. Jason, my son, the reason your escape worked is in your past life, before you died, you were Robin. You were on the young Justice League team and you died as Robin. I took you and brought you to the Lazarus pit, reviving your body but not your mind. And you know the rest of your second life."

Jason nodded numbly. "I was...apart of them? That explains why the blonde and the other one seemed so familiar...I knew them in my past life." Jason looked to Talia, taking one of her hands in his. "I meant what I said though, I will be loyal to you and our family no matter what else I learn about my past. I will serve and protect you with my life."

Talia smiled, kissing his forehead. "I know that, my son, but for now you need to rest. You are injured. Let us take care of you."

Jason smiled, letting Talia pull him into a hug. He hugged her tightly, pulling back when he heard the little pitter patter of feet coming to them. He looked up and beamed when he saw Damian in the doorway. He pat the spot next to him but Damian opted to crawl into his lap, careful to avoid his cast. He curled up against his chest, leaning his head there. "Jay, don't scare me like that. I thought I would lose you."

Jason hugged Damian. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise. I will always be with you, no matter what."