Rebekah's Proposal

The Mikelson's front living room was full with the siblings and friends all congregating around. Nevaeh looked around sadness in her eyes as she looked to the people she had taken into her heart. They were here together, but they were all in their own little worlds.
She stood in the corner holding her baby close to her chest, studying everyone. They were all getting ready to battle, and to die if they must.
By the fire place Elijah stood close whispering to Caroline, holding hands. I They had gotten very close over the past few months, and Caroline had been thinking about turning into a vampire so she and Elijah could be together forever. Their foreheads touched as they kissed. Nevaeh smiled as she turned her attention over to Finn and Sage. They were sitting on one of the couches cuddled together, holding each other tight. They had just gotten each other back after nine hundred years, and now they face never seeing each other again. Nevaeh frowned as she then moved her gaze over to where Bonnie Bennet and Kol were talking. Bonnie was laughing as Kol joked around. It had taken them a while to warm up to each other, but they were now almost inseperable.
Speaking of inseperable Nevaeh looked over to her sister and Stefan. They were professing their love for each other, and trying to calm each other down.

But for the most part the siblings were working up their courage to finally face off with their only fear, the person who had haunted them for a thousand years. For Klaus he had been tortured even before they had been turned. Their father. Their biggest fear was their father, and secondly their mother. How could parents torture their own children, especially since it was them that had made their children into "monsters".

Nevaeh  looked over to Rebekah. Her sweet, over-protective, sister-in-law. Yes sweet, and loyal, and looking to finally have her own family. Rebekah had never gotten the chance to have a life, to make a family of her own, and that's all she wanted. Nevaeh felt sorry for her.

"Jeremy,I swear to you. I will protect your sister and my niece. That baby means everything to mean, like you do." Rebekah professes to Jeremy as they sit cuddled together on one of the oversized couches. They had been getting really close the past few months, and she truly had feelings for Jeremy. He was young, and overly confident, but he was so caring, and protective. She stared into his deep chochlet brown eyes and saw the concern.

"Rebekah I will be by your side. I know you want your own family. I want to be your family Rebekah. Please when this is over and we are rid of your father, will you marry me? I love you." Jeremy asked as he slid to one knee, slipping his hand around Rebekahs hands. He had been debating for awhile if it was the right time to do this, especially with every one of her brothers in the room, but he wanted her, he wanted her all to himself. Rebekah let a tear roll down her cheek as she watched him propose to her. She was definitely surprised, and on alert seeing as all her brothers were now staring at them.
Rebekah looked over to Klaus who had taken a step towards them, but suddenly stopped when Nevaeh grabbed his arm smiling and shaking her head to tell him no. He eased up nodding and smiled towards his sister. They stared at each other for a bit, Rebekah having flashbacks of when Klaus had killed many of her past suitors. He nodded at her as he stepped back and Nevaeh leaned on his shoulder giving Rebekah an encouraging smile. Rebekah lit up, joy she's had never been allowed bubbling inside her. She looked to Elijah who smiled at her, then to Finn who was smiling and hugging Sage. She spared one last glance at Kol who rolled his eyes.

" Rebekah stop looking for our permission! Go say yes, be happy! So this sappy moment can be over!" Kol announced as everyone laughed. Rebekah giggled.

"Yes! Yes! I would be honored to marry you Jeremy Gilbert!" Jeremy jumped up as Rebecca laughed and jumped into Jeremy's outstretched arms. He twirled her around and everyone started to celebrate.

Nevaeh laughed as she watched the tension in the air disappear as the siblings started to celebrate the newest engagement. Klaus walked over to Jeremy as he sat Rebekah back down on her feet. Nevaeh hovered behind him as he grabbed Jeremy's shoulder. The room went silent as Jeremy tensed, and Rebekah took a combative stance. Klaus looked around then in his most serious voice began to speak.

"Jeremy Gilbert, I have never approved of anyone to be with my sister. She is too impulsive, and spoiled, and always chooses to piss me off…" Klaus began as everyone in the room tensed, and Rebekah huffed. " However, with you, I see you truly care for our sister, and want to make her happy. I have something for you." Rebekah had relaxed and smiled as her brother continued. When he took her mothers ring out of his pocket she began to cry. Rebekah had always admired her mothers wedding ring, she would sit and twist it around her mothers finger as a little girl. Of course now her mother was trying to kill them along with her father, but she still loved that ring. She was touched that Klaus had even noticed something so insignificant to everyone else but so important to her.

"Mother's ring?" Rebekah choked out between the tears. Klaus looked at his baby sister.

"Yes. How could I not notice how much you loved this old thing. You were always there for me sister, when we were younger and human, you stood up to father for me. I will never forget that. I swore then that I wouldn't let you get hurt by him for me again, and yet here you are the first to stand up for me against him. I love you sister." Klaus said as Rebekah slammed into him hugging him bone crushingly hard.

" I love you so much brother. And I will always stand by your side. And thank you for accepting Jeremy." Rebekah squealed tears running down her cheeks.  Nevaeh walked over hugging her brother.

"Congratulations little brother! You couldn't have chosen anyone better!" Nevaeh said as Rebekah joined the hug. Everyone in the room began to talk and celebrate. And for a bit they could forget the impending doom and laugh and be together.