The Proposal

The next day was hard for Nevaeh. She knew why Klaus was doing the ritual she just didn't like the thought of people being killed. Vampires drinking human blood from the vein was survival, this was not. Right before the ritual Rebecca had called her, Jeremy and Elena at the hospital to tell them that they weren't going to use Tyler in the ritual.  Apparently they had luckily come upon a wolf harrasing someone about to kill them, so they had taken him instead. Nevaeh had felt a bit better at that news. She felt like if she didn't know the people it was easier.
The night had progressed normally without anything drastic happening. At about two in the morning all the siblings came to see Nevaeh except Klaus. This transformation was hard on him, and he was chained in their dungeon until he could control his transformation. Nevaeh didn't like that she couldn't be there for him but it was for the best.

"Hey sleepy head, wake up I'm taking you home today!" Nevaeh was awoken the next day by Klaus gently nudging her arm to wake her up. He was smiling, pure happiness on his face. She could see some leftover stress, but otherwise his attitude was contagious.

"Home? I get to go home?!" Nevaeh exclaimed excited as she sat up laughing and clapping her hands. She had been here in this hospital bed for way to long.

"Yes my Angel you can finally come home!" Klaus exclaimed as she slowly stood up then threw herself in his arms. They locked eyes and kissed as he twirled her in a circle.

"I have so many plans for us. Here I brought you some clothes. Go get dressed so we can leave this place." Nevaeh eagerly took the clothes out of Klaus's hands and went to the little bathroom that was in her hospital room. She quickly stepped in the shower washing her hair and scrubbing her body. She then got out and proceeded to put the clothes on. He had brought her a white flowing knee length dress, with a black belt around the waist with black leggings and her black ugg boots. She put on her Angel wing earrings, and then quickly put some eyeliner and lip gloss on. She blow dried her long platinum hair, then loosely braided it. She looked at herself in the mirror happy with what she saw. She walked into the room to see Klaus had packed all her things in her duffel bag and was ready to go. She laughed as she looked around the room one last time to make sure he hadn't missed anything. When she was certain she had everything they walked outside to his car. He threw her stuff in the back as he opened her door for her. She slid into the passenger seat eagerly awaiting to get to her surprise.

" What's my surprise?" Nevaeh asked happily after a few seconds of silence. Klaus laughed.

" Just wait my dear. We are almost there." Klaus replied happily as they took the road out of town. Nevaeh noticed they weren't headed towards her house and started to look at Klaus confused.

"Where are we going Klaus?" She asked as they started to pass into the bigger city. Klaus just hummed happily as they arrived in front of the mall. Klaus stopped the car by the elevator in the parking garage for the mall. He took the keys out then calmly got out of the car and walked over and opened Nevaeh's door. Nevaeh looked up at Klaus suspiciously as he handed her his hand to help her out of the car.

"My dearest Angel I told you I had a surprise for you. Please follow me." Klaus gently navigated her to the elevator and to the second floor where the food court was.

As they made their way to the food court Nevaeh noticed they were the only ones in the mall. They got to the table where they first met and Neveah started to tear up. She looked around to see garlands of white oleanders strung across the ceiling and on the walls as decoration, her favorite flower of course. The lights dimmed and what seemed like a million little twinkle lights started to sparkle, as All of you by John Legend played in the background. And a huge table was sat up around them with all kinds of foods Nevaeh had been craving the past few months, but what really made Nevaeh's day was a huge platter of fried pickles on a table near where Klaus had stopped. She looked over to see Klaus reaching into his jacket pocket and kneeling on one knee. She gasped as he opened the ring box to show a beautiful engagement ring. It was two angel rings wrapping around for the band with a moderately sized diamond in the middle.

"Angel, my love. Neither of us have really talked about where our relationship is going, because its just a natural thing for us. Since we first met here at the food court where I stole your fried pickle, I knew I had to make you mine. You mean the world to me. You have changed me into a better more humane version of myself. You have reunited me with my family and I hope you will do me the pleasure of becoming apart of family. I will protect you, I will love and cherish you, you are my everything. Nevaeh Leigh Gilbert will you marry me?" Klaus proposed as he took her ring hand and held it in his hand. As he began to speak all their friends and family started walking in holding a candle and encircling them. Tears were running down Elena's and Rebecca's faces as they nodded their heads encouragingly. She turned her attention back to Klaus as his siblings were the last to shuffle in. She smiled nodding her head yes speechless as he grinned from ear to ear as he slipped the ring on. He then joyfully jumped up took her in his arms and slowly spun her around. Everyone cheered, and started to say their congratulations. Rebecca and Jeremy ran up and hugged Nevaeh, with Elena and Stefan promptly joining them in an emotional embrace. Elijah was over the moon happy to see his brother finally after a thousand years happy. Finn was happy too, as he and sage took their turn to congratulate them. Kol even got swept up in the moment as he shook the whine bottle and let the top fly off and the wine spray everyone. There were shouts of surprise and laughter as everyone tried to get away from him.

"Awe I love you Nevaeh Mikelson more then words can express!" Klaus said laughing as they got drenched with wine. He swept her into his arms and twirled her under the spray of wine and the sound of their family and friends laughing.

"I love you too  Klaus Mikelson to the moon and back!" Nevaeh laughed as they locked eyes and kissed as everyone enjoyed the night!

A/N

Sorry this one is short, but for reason....the proposed! Wasn't it so romantic? Fried pickles and all!