Chapter 4

"I'm old Gregg!" The boys heard again and turned around to see who or what exactly was talking.

In front of them stood a green, scaly man-fish with seaweed hair. A wide, unsettling smile was set on his face.

"Who are you?" Chad asked as he tried to get his voice to go back down a few octaves.

"You ever drank Bailey's from a shoe?" He asked, ignoring the question he had already unpromptedly answered twice. "Hey boy, ya shoes don't match. Here, I have a match for ya."

The man-fish pulled out a soggy pink converse that did, in fact match West's and gave it to him.

"Thanks…" West uttered as he took the wet shoe. "It's filled with something. What is this?" He took a sniff (as you do when presented with an unidentifiable liquid in a shoe.)

"It's Bailey's," old Gregg replied.

"Oh, old Gregg, you rascal," the other fish man commented as he stopped rowing the boat.

"Salmon! I thought this was your boat. Nice to see you on the waters."

"Always. Nice to see you too, how's the cave doing?"

"Oh, it's very nice. I made some new paintings. I think the egg is about to hatch… or it ran away. I can't recall."

"Wha- ran away!?" West shouted.

"Oh yes, she likes to do that sometimes. Get out and stretch a little bit."

West gave old Gregg a perplexed look. "Yeah, sure, okay."

"While this conversation is," Chad paused. "Nice, and all, can we hurry this up? West is gonna die in a week if we don't keep going."

"I can just kill him right now if you want," old Gregg offers.

West shrugs. "Sure, why not."

"It would get me more alone time with this one." Old Gregg points to Chad.

"What!? No!" Chad screams. "That's the opposite of what I want!"

"A real shame that is," old Gregg replies. "It'll happen at some point if ya just let it."

Old Gregg cha-cha-ed in front of Chad to which the latter responded by awkwardly scooting back on the boat bench. An appalled look made its way onto Chad's face and West snickered.

"Awe, look! Now you have one too," West cooed.

"Shut up! Do you want me to call Britanny for you? You know she'd  have her ways of getting here."

West sat up straight in his seat, wide eyed. "No!" he quickly exclaimed. "Now come on, we, uh, have a mission to tend to, remember?"

"Oh, right! Come on boat man! Let's get going!" Chad shouted, clapping his hands in a "chop chop" manner.

The fish man sighed and looked at old Gregg. "Looks like I'm going to have to get these two yokels to shore soon before one of them busts a blood vessel. Until next time?"

 "I guess I'll be seeing ya then. Goodbye Salmon. Boys." With that, old Gregg blew a kiss to Chad and hopped back into the ocean.

Chad physically cringed as old Gregg finally left, a shiver of disgust finally leaving his body. "I think I might just throw up."

"You throw up in my boat and I'm throwing my webbed fist through your face," the fish man responded.

Chad turned back around in his seat. "Noted."

West turned back to his original position as well and squeezed Chad's shoulder in a comforting manner. The hybrid once again started to row but this time around, he was being a little bit faster, only a little though.