Prologue

"Aye, yo Chad!" West yelled as he barreled into the grand hall on his skateboard followed by an array of armed guards.

"Hey West!"

It was at that moment that West not-so-gracefully fell off his skateboard and ran over to his best friend. In his excitement, West nearly passed Chad as he came to a clumsy stop. Assuming he wasn't too much of a threat, the guards left West to his friend and instead went to find the king.

"You'll never guess what happened!"

"Oh my great Caesar, bro, what?!" Chad stared at West and waited for an answer.

"I got into UOI!"

"Nice! University of Immunitas. Did your parents bribe them to let you in or something?"

West shrugged. "Dunno, I didn't ask. I mean, they probably did, but either way, I got in."

Suddenly, the door slammed open again and in walked two of the guards from earlier with an annoyed king Alexander-Magnus, Chad's father. "Excuse me, but what's this I'm hearing about an intruder in the castle?"

"Sup."

Alexander-Magnus focused his attention on West. "Ah Westley, my favourite child."

Chad motioned to himself. "Dad, I'm right here."

"And your point would be?"

"Your highness, sorry to interrupt the royal banter, but that's the intruder," one of the guards stated.

The king looked baffled seeing the guard point to West. "What do you mean 'intruder'? This fine young man is one of the only people in this castle I can actually tolerate!"

"Dad, once again I am right here." Chad deadpanned as West started looking for possible escape routes.

"King Alexander, he-"

"That," the king cut in as West grabbed Chad's hand and started to back away. "-is 'your highness king Alexander-Magnus' to you!"

That was the last thing that Chad and West heard as they ran out of the hall. As the two neared the back halls of the castle, they slowed down, trying to catch their breath.

"By the crown! I thought he'd never shut up," laughed Chad.

"Honestly. We were stuck listening to him ramble for three hours last time I came over," West replied. "I can't believe that those guards ratted me out."

"Yeah, they're total snitches."

West stifled a giggle. "And you know what happens to snitches."

At that point, the boys burst into laughter.

"We lock them in the secret dungeon in the basement." Chad continued laughing.

"Wait, what?!"

"Nothing!"

West looked at his friend skeptically but decided not to think any more about it. "So where are we going now that we've escaped sir speaks-a-lot?"

"To my room of course," Chad stated matter-of-factly.

"But, we're going in the opposite direction of your room?"

"No West, my other room."

"Oh, I've got you now bro. Race you to the boat!"

With that, West shoved Chad making him lose his balance before speeding off in the direction of the back exit of the castle.

"Hey! Not cool dude!" Chad shouted as he chased after West in an attempt to surpass him.