Chapter 2

Getting out of the cramped car, Chad and West quickly stretched before Chad was urging to push onward again.

"Come on bro. Lets go, hopefully the boat to Reject Island is docked."

"Woah, hold up. After that nine hour car ride you can't tell me you're not tired. I know I'm just about ready to sleep in an actual bed and you look like you've been awake the whole ride here. Why don't we go to a hotel and sleep before we keep going?"

"Have I not been trying to tell you time is literally of the essence West? I can't stress this enough, we need to find a way to get the vegans to accept us as soon as possible. We don't actually know how long this is gonna take!" Chad cried, looking just about ready to pull his own hair out.

West pursed his lips before rubbing at his droopy eyes. "I'm telling you we'll have enough time. I need sleep."

Chad knew he should've taken a deep breath but is that what he did? Of course not! The prince couldn't help but think of his friend being brutally mauled by the powers that be and he lost it. The dark haired boy became a fumbling mess as he paced in front of West making the blonde wince. He hated to see his best friend so distraught but he really didn't care about the time constraints of their challenge. Having had enough of watching Chad lose his mind, West spoke up.

"Bro, listen! I love you man - no homo - but you need to calm the fuck down," he reasoned, grabbing Chad's shoulders. "A week is plenty of time and we aren't gonna get anywhere with me being exhausted and you stressing so much you go into cardiac arrest, okay? Chill."

Chad finally stopped in his tracks and took a deep breath, his heart no longer racing so insanely fast. At this point he looked completely disheveled and ready to collapse from all the stress in such a short period of time but he felt his outbreak was warranted. In reality, it was not but, there's no way he would be convinced of that.

Taking another deep breath, Chad looked into West's green eyes, grounding himself and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I'll chill."

"Good, now I'm grabbing us a hotel room, no arguing." West points his finger at Chad while walking in the direction of a hotel. "We can pick everything back up in let's say a couple hours m'kay? Come on."

Feeling somewhat defeated - and honestly very exhausted now that he thought about it - Chad followed West to the nearby, beat up looking hotel to rest for just a couple hours. As the two walked inside, West went to talk to the war torn looking Licentian man working the desk while Chad split off to find their washroom. Alcohol and lack of pit stops for hours really wasn't a good mix.

Coming back after doing his business, he saw his exhausted friend grabbing the keycard from the man at the front desk. Chad walked up to West so they could head straight to the room for their well needed nap. As the two found their assigned room in the small three floor hotel, West swiped the keycard and opened the door to the room. It was pretty small with a bathroom and only one queen sized bed. Chad had walked in after West so he hadn't noticed yet but West's jaw went slack. He quickly got a hold of himself before turning back to look at Chad.

"Bro... Bro there's only one bed. I swear to Caesar I told them I wanted two beds bro," West ranted as he looked between Chad and the single queen sized bed that sat against the wall in the middle of the room.

"It's fine bro, don't worry about it. I see the desk guy ships it though," Chad replied, snickering as an amused smirk played on his face.

West stood, shocked. "What? I- Bro, that's pretty gay."

"I was joking dude, chill. No homo." He gave a look to West. "I mean, unless you want it to be."

"Bro, no! What the fuck?"