Chapter 6

West woke up to a loud banging on the dumpster and Chad clinging to his left arm. 

“What in the name of Magnanima is going on?” Chad mumbles tiredly, also woken up by the incessant noise.

“I’m not sure, but since I already look and smell like a dying rat, I don’t think I have much to lose by going to check,” West replied, chuckling at his simile.

“Please stop reminding me that you might die.” Chad groans before putting his hands over his ears to try and drown out the noise. 

“Bro that won’t stop the banging, we’re going to have to check it out eventually and should probably do it sooner rather than later.” West looked down at his friend beside him and decided to make the first move.

“Here, follow my lead,” West stood up and looked out over the side of the dumpster before yelling, “What the fuck is up Kyle?!”

Chad mimicked his movements, albeit much more sluggishly, not even bothering to open his eyes. "What the fuck is up Kyle," he parroted.

“Who’s Kyle?” Asked a voice that West couldn’t yet put to a body. After taking a moment to let his eyes adjust to the sunlight, West was finally able to get a decent look at the two men standing before him, realizing that they seemed to be having some sort of magical duel. Both men fired off spells left and right, many of which were ricocheting off of the dumpster, disturbing the boys' sleep. One was dressed head to toe in black and the other in white, both wearing robes and celestial hats that were stereotypical of most magical entities. 

“Yo, are you guys sorcerers?” West asked in amazement.

“What, No!” replied the man in black.

“Necromancers?” he continued.

“Also no,” the wizard in white responded this time.

“Okay, okay, mages?”

“Do we look like dungeons and dragons characters to you?”

“Diviners?”

“Where in all unholy hell did you get that one from?”

“Conjurors?”

“Literally what?”

“Okay, I got it this time, soothsayers.”

“I’m sorry, does it look like we’re making up our magical ability?”

“Warlocks?”

“Close but still no.”

“Shamans?”

“What, no, that guy lives down the road!”

“I've got it, astrologers!”

“What would possibly make you think that we’re space scientists?”

“Magicians?”

“What in the name of Caesar- No! Fake magic is a disgrace in our community!”

“Hypnotists!”

“Oh, yeah, and we totally hypnotized you into seeing that magic a minute ago,” the black wizard replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

“Palmists?”

“We’re still not psychic, kid.”

“Occultists?”

“No, you idiot, now stop asking.”

“Enchanters?”

“Did I not just tell you to stop asking?” the irritated white clad wizard drowned as he continued to exchange small, annoying spells with his counterpart.