CHAPTER - 2

JORDAN'S POINT OF VIEW (EX-WORKER OF ITALIAN MAFIA)

It's been a long day.

After working for 30 years with the Italian mafia. Finally, I retired. Today, I am returning back to my hometown to stay peacefully with my family without any blood-shed, and war, without any worry for their lives. Now, I could focus on mine, and my family's. 

I preferred to use the train, like the old times, to get back here. To reminisce the past. Now, as I have come here, I started to analyze my surroundings. Old habits do die hard, huh?

Fuck, I've missed this place.

So much has changed from the last time I was here which was 3 years ago, to kill an asshole. I am not saying that I am relieved, or that I have been forcefully recruited in the mafia. It was my choice. They were a family to me all this time, my mafia famigilIia. But, now, is the time where I won't be of any help to the mafia. It was about time that I took my retirement, sooner or later.

As soon as I came outside the station, my eyes landed on a familiar face... on the body of a girl? She's young, and was walking alone without anyone nearby. I couldn't shake of the nagging feeling in my mind that I knew her somehow. 

Where I have seen this girl? I am sure I have seen that face somewh-

Oh...My...Fucking...Bull.

She looks just like...

Just like...

Could it be...

No...

This can't be...

There's no way...

Oh fuck!

I must inform them- what if she is actually the one?

Without thinking more, I called the boss.

"Hello, Boss?" I greeted boss hurriedly.

"Who's there?" Boss asked.

"Sir, this is Jordan."

"What happened, Jordan? Didn't you retire just yesterday?" Boss asked.

"Yes, Boss. I have a news for you. I think I have found her."

There was a silence on the other side for 5 seconds.

"Are you sure, Jordan?" Boss sternly asked.

"Yes, sir,"

"OK, then, follow her, and bring her to the mansion."

"Yes, sir,"

With that the line went off.

I walked towards her keeping my distance, so that, she doesn't feel suspicious of me.

Does she even know where she is going? It's the dark part of the town, not safe to walk around here. And, what the hell does she has to do here? 

Out of nowhere someone grabbed her hand, I could hear a bit of noise, but couldn't pin-point what they were saying.  

Whatever it is, I don't think it's any good. From here it looks like that bloody guy is forcing himself on her and she is resisting. 

Even if she is not that girl I can't bear to see anyone forcing themselves on a little girl.

I ran towards them, pulled out my gun and aimed it towards the guy.

"Leave the girl. You bastard!" I said to him, calmly.

He turned towards me angrily.

And dared to say, "NO!"

Then, he launched himself towards me.

I without any hesitation shot him on his right leg.

Then, on his left thigh.

"This will surely teach you a lesson." I spat on him. A bit of saliva dripped down my lips. I wiped it with my thumb, and rubbed it on my jeans.