Quidditch

(Y/N) POV

Today is Harry's first quidditch match. He's been practicing it all week long and hard. We are sitting in The Great Hall and trying to feed harry something before his match but he is refusing to eat it. He says he is not hungry but he will have to eat it after all he needs strength today.

"Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on." Ron said trying to persuade harry again but still he didn't budge.

"Ron's right. You'll need your strength today." Hermione said.

"I'm not hungry." Harry replied. he is giving us that same answer for an hour now.

"Eat it or any of us won't be there in your first match" I said in a voice where there is no room for argument with a glare and that did the trick. He started eating with his eyes wide open and looking at me with fear as if I killed his dog. Hermione and Ron were first shocked but they gave me a big grin when they saw Harry eating. Well that will have to do.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin." Professor Snape said suddenly from behind us and walked away limping. Why was he limping?

"That explains the blood." Harry said from beside me he was still watching Snape's retrieving figure till it totally disappeared.

"Blood?" I asked.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion..... so he could try and get past that three headed dog. But he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry explained but I still don't get it why would he do something like that?.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Ron asked

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret." Harry said

"So you're saying..." Hermione was looking more confused as if she didn't understand it

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry said with confidence. I still don't know what to believe so I was quite. Suddenly we saw Hedwig coming towards us she was carrying something large which was wrapped. She dropped it and Harry caught it before it could hit the table.

" Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione said and she was right. We all looked puzzled.

"But I never get mail." Harry said looking towards the thing which Hedwig just dropped .

"Let's open it." Ron said smiling and a bit excited to see what was in it. We started unwrapping it to reveal a Nimbus 2000 in it.

"It's a broomstick." Harry said

"That's not just a broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron replied still not taking his eyes off the broomstick.

"But who?" Harry started but then took a glance around the hall to see Professor McGonagall petting Hedwig and smiling towards him. After our breakfast harry went to get ready for the match we went to the ground not before I gave him a bone cracking hug and wish him luck. Whenever I touch him it gives me sparks and as always I ended up turning red because of my action. Hermione and Ron wished him luck as well.

HARRY POV

"Scared, Harry?" Oliver wood asked as we were waiting for the announcement so we could go onto the ground.

"A little." I replied to be frank i'm just nervous what if I fail? what if I won't be like my father? but I shook those thoughts away and tried to concentrate on my match.