The Forbidden Forest

HARRY POV

"A pity they let the old punishments die. Was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming. You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest." We were all following Filch who was taking us towards Hagrid's hut and scaring us by telling all this. Of course we didn't believe whatever he said except for Ron was looked scared. We are serving our detention with Hagrid tonight.

"A sorry lot, this, Hagrid." Filch said as we approached Hagrid's hut. Hagrid was standing outside. He looks sad and his eyes were teary.

"Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch asked. Dragon what happened to Norbert?

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid said sniffing lightly. Oh so this is why he looks sad.

"Well that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione said reasoning with him.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid said worriedly.

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the Forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch reminded hagrid about the work.

"The Forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are......werewolves." Malfoy said gulping visibly looking quite scared at the mentioning of forbidden forest.

"Ah, there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch said smirking evilly towards us.

"Nighty-night." He said and left us with Hagrid.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid said and we followed him into the forest. We were walking for like a minute when Hagrid bend down over a silvery looking liquid pooled around the surface and dipped his finger in it. He rubbed it across his finger and we all looked at him carefully.

"Hagrid, what is that?" Hermione asked him. Hagrid stood and turned towards us.

"What we're here for. See that?" He pointed towards the silvery substance on the floor.

"That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been hurt bad by something. So, it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me." Hagrid said

"Okay." Ron and Hermione went to his side.

"And, Harry,(y/n) you'll go with Malfoy." He said. I groaned internally Malfoy seriously only (y/n) would be good for me.

"Okay. Then I get Fang." Malfoy sneered.

"Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." after that we went the other way with lantern in Malfoy's hand and Fang tailing behind us. We were going deeper inside the forest and to be frank i was a bit scared if not for (y/n) i would have felt more uneasy.

"You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Malfoy bragged which got me irritated. Why does he have to complain all the time.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared." i said smirking to myself.

"I'm not scared, Potter." He retorted disbelievingly.

"Do you hear that? Come on, Fang." He said and walked past us and started walking ahead.

"Scared!" He mocked.

"What is it, Fang?" Harry asked as fang suddenly stopped walking and started to bark loudly. I felt a hand on my arm i turned to my side to see (y/n) had hold on my arms as she was looking forward towards the dark where fang had stopped. I reassuringly pat her hand and gave her a small smile. I could see she was relaxed a bit.