The Sorting Hat

YOUR POV

"Right, then. First years, this way, please! Come on now, first years, don't be shy. Come on now, hurry up." Shouted a huge man I've never seen someone so big. I saw Harry ran towards him and Ron followed I could see Ron was surprised by seeing him well its not like that you see a man three times bigger than any usual man everyday.

"Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me." the big man said. I climbed into one with me, Hermione, Neville and a boy we don't know his name. We looked upwards at the castle ahead of us, we were awestruck it was so beautiful that I couldn't even blink, with bright soft lights coming out of windows. The dark did good to its appearance it was glowing so amazingly.

"It's so beautiful" Hermione said as everyone around has the same awe look on their faces.

"I know right" I said completely under spell of this beauty ahead of me. I got to know the name of the huge man. It's Hagrid.

As we pulled up beside the castle, Hagrid led us towards the massive doors of the castle. We stopped infront of a large, double door where a woman with long black hat was waiting with a stern look on her face. I know her name that's Professor McGonagall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." suddenly Trevor appeared from don't know where

"Trevor!" Neville came running and he grabbed Trevor, interrupting Professor McGonagall. She gave him an annoyed reaction but didn't said anything.

"Sorry." Neville said as he was embarrassed and disappeared back into the crowd. Then Professor resumed what she was saying.

"The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." then she left us all and went inside.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." a boy with bleach blond hair and cold grey eyes with a smirk came forward and stood in front of harry.

The crowd started speaking in hush tone whispers of "Harry Potter" came from behind.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle." he said pointing towards the two boys who were standing beside him like guards.

"And I'm Malfoy.Draco Malfoy." which cause a snicker out of Ron and this grabbed this attention of Draco Malfoy he glared at Ron and said

"Think my name's funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." I don't like the attitude of this guy not even a bit. I grimace at the way he was talking which also got his attention he turned towards me and I can see his posture changed from glaring to a bit calm. I could see his side of mouth rising a bit but I guess no one would have noticed. He again turned towards Harry.

"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Harry was looking between Ron and Malfoy.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry replied which cause Malfoy to get angry before he could reply Professor McGonagall tapped Draco's shoulder with a parchment which caused him to turn and when he saw professor he went and stood where he was earlier.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me. " she said and we all followed

"He was smiling at you.... you know" Hermione smirked towards me as she was standing beside me.