Chapter 24

I feel the knife plunge into my shoulder, causing me to let out a scream. I shoved Jasper off me, causing him to stumble away  slightly, yanking the knife out of my shoulder as he went. I jumped up onto my feet, bolting out of the storage room as I ran with Jasper following right behind me. 

I picked up the basketball that I saw rolling away not too long ago, before chucking it at Jasper with my good arm, hitting him square in the face. I then run out of the gym doors, running down the halls as I begin to make my way towards the classroom. 

However I slowed down to a stop, no ... I can't go into the class room, he would kill everyone in there just to get to me. "(Y/N)~ you know it's for your own good." I hear Jasper's voice echo down the hall. "This world isn't safe for you." He spoke, sadness lacing his voice. "I really didn't want it to come to this." 

I heard his voice get closer, panicking, I bolted down the hallway just as he rounded the corner. I continued running, trying to find an exit or even some place to hide from my ... no ... my ex-best friend. 

I continued running till I skid to a stop, just before crashing into someone. "Hey, are you alright? Oh my god you're bleeding!" A male voice spoke, as I looked behind me, searching for any signs of Jasper. "Hey!" I jumped as I feel a hand touch my shoulder, taking a small step back as I looked up at him in fear. The male standing before me looked my age with dark brown hair which was almost black, light skin, and dark brown eyes looking down at me with worry. 

"Sorry I - I'm." I stutter over my words, silently cursing myself. 

"Hey calm down, you're ok now." He spoke, placing a small hand on my shoulder. "Now, what's going on?" He questioned, looking me straight in the eye. 

"I ... he ... he killed them. He killed them all." I was finally able to say, my voice still shaking. 

"Who?" He questioned with wide eyes, fear flashing across them. 

As if to answer his question Jasper rounded the corner, "There you are (Y/N)-" His eyes narrowed in the males direction, "Who's this, is he hurting you." 

"No!" I screamed out, pushing his hand away gently as I turn to him. "Jasper he was only trying to help me! Please you need help!" I beg, practically pleaded. I hated seeing him like this, something needs to be done to help him, to have him get better. 

"Help?" He laughed, a crazed look returning to his green eyes. "I don't need help, I can finally see the world for what it is. And trust me, you don't want to live in it." He then threw his knife, the man I was talking to, grabbing my good arm before running down the hall, avoiding the knife. 

He lead me down the hall, making a few turns here and there before opening up a janitors closet shoving me inside first before going inside himself. Closing and locking the door behind him, he took out his phone, using it as a flashlight as he kept it on. I sat down, leaning up against the wall, placing my hand over the wound as the pain begin to return. 

The male sat down next to me, taking off the jacket he was wearing and gave it to me. "Oh no, I don't want to ruin your jacket." 

He shrugged, "It'll be fine, I can just get a new one." He spoke, taking my hand away as we used the sleeves to wrap around my wound, tightening it causing me to wince. "Sorry." He apologized, smiling down at me softly before ties the sleeves to keep them in place. I felt slightly sick, scared, horrified, everything was just a mess inside my head. "So ... rough day huh?" He questioned, causing me to look up at him. 

I couldn't help but laugh, causing him to look down at me confused to which I responded with, "Sorry but, that really go me." My smile faded into a frown as I looked away. "I guess you can say that, I just ... I still can't believe he would do something like that." I say, their sightless eyes flashing in my vision along with the lake of blood, causing me to wince lightly.