Chapter 18

* @polly0_1 suggested this little thing to happen with Edward and @Blurryface431 for Haytham's moment. I give them both full credit to the ideas.*

I let out a yawn as I close one of my books, deciding now would be a good time for a break. I then smelled myself before crinkling my nose, "And a good time to get a bath." I mumble to myself as I gathered a new pair of clothes along with some undergarments before climbing down the stairs. 

I come to the kitchen to find Arno cooking something which smelled delicious, I could hear my stomach growling as the sweet aroma reached my nose. Arno noticed my presence, a small smile forming along his lips, "Morning mon amour." 

I smiled back at Arno, saying as I walked past him, "Morning Arno." I walk over to the bathroom, opening the door before shutting it behind me. I took out a towel and washrag from the cabinet above the toilet before putting it on the corner of the bathroom sink. 

I then folded my clothes neatly, putting it on the other side of the counter before slipping off my shirt, letting it drop to the ground. However, I froze as I hear the knob of the door turn, the door opening partially to reveal a sleep deprived Edward, his hair in a messy pony tail. I immediately lifted my arms to cover my chest as I feel my cheeks heat up quickly. 

Edward's POV

I walked out of my room which I shared with my son and Connor, I was the last one to wake up. I yawned as I closed the door behind me before pulling my hair up into a messy pony tail. I groggily stumbled towards the bathroom, nodding to Jacob as he walked past to head to the living room. 

He seemed to be in a really good mood lately, for Jacob anyway. Evie seems to know what's going on with him, but refuses to say what it is ... which is very suspicious. I just shook my head, knowing it's Jacob it was probably something stupid anyway. 

I turned the knob, finding it unlocked, before pushing the door open slightly, about to slip in until my eyes landed on (Y/N) ... without a shirt. We both seemed to freeze for a moment, my eyes widening in shock. 

Her cheeks darkened, covering her chest with her arms as she turned away slightly, "Edward! Get out!" She exclaimed, using her foot to push the door as I stepped back, closing it. 

I was still frozen, before everything sinked in, I could feel my own cheeks heat up. "I-I'm s-s-s-sorry lass!" I say through the door, stumbling over my words. 

"Whatever just go!" I hear her say through the door.

I then sharply turned around, walking back over to my room, the first thing that came to my flustered mind. Wait ... flustered? Since when did I ever get fluster? 

"Is everything alright grandfather?" I hear Connor questioned as I walk past him while heading towards our shared room. 

"Y-Yes Connor, everything is f-fine." I cursed myself for stumbling over my words, before walking into my room, leaving a very confused Connor behind. 

(Y/N)'s POV

I slipped on my clothes before blow drying my hair, after fixing my hair to my liking I shoved my towel and rag into the hamper. I couldn't help but remember when Edward burst through the door, my cheeks heated up as I let out a shaky sigh. 

"He did apologize." I mumble to myself, while wrapping up the cord to my hairdryer. I still think my body is still in shock from that little experience, but for some reason, I don't feel grossed out or ... what's the word? Tense? I was just embarrassed ... really embarrassed. It was definitely unexpected, I just hope he didn't see anything. 

I then jump as I heard something crash loudly, fear pulsed through my veins as the worse surfaced up in my mind. I swung open the door, running out into the kitchen where the sound originated, my eyes widening in horror as Ezio had his arms extended outward, Haytham now backed into the counter, a few glass shards splayed across the counter. There was no one else around except for Arno who was just looking at the both of them in shock.