Chapter 21

I walked down the halls of the school, putting a small (f/c) clip in my hair to keep at least most of it out of my face. I let out a small yawn, looking over to find Jasper staring intently at a bulletin board with a sour look on his face. I stepped over to his side, trying to see what he was looking at, to find the listings of positions in a play on a small sheet of paper, listing people's names and their roles.

"What's wrong Jasper?" I question, looking over at him with a confused look.

"They gave that d*ck wad the protagonist while giving me the powerless, whiny, character." He complained, not looking away from the sheet of paper. "And that's not even the worst part!" He growled, crossing his arms.

I look back up at the paper, reading over the names, not really understanding the problem. Sure, Julian doesn't deserve to be the hero of the story, Jasper fits the roll much better, but other than that I don't see anything else. "You didn't even get a part!" Jasper added, gesturing to the board with his hand as he looked down at me.

Oh right, I auditioned for the play as well, Jasper recommended it saying it would be fun. Although it really isn't my cup of tea, being in front of a whole lot of people while trying to remember your lines at the same time ... seems stressful. "It's fine Jasper, acting isn't really my forte anyway. I would be surprised if I did end up in the play." I look up at him with a warm smile.

Jasper looked over at me, seeming to calm down as a soft smile formed along his lips. "It still would've been great though. We would've outshined everyone on the stage together with our fabulous looks."Jasper spoke in a smirk, sounding much calmer than before as he gestured to the both of us with his hand.

"Eh true, but then I would have to memorize so many things. Not to mention I'm not good in front of crowds." I say with a with a small chuckle. "I guess the judges noticed that when I was up there on stage."

"Oh please, they didn't pick you because of that ugly scar over your eye." I hear a snotty voice say behind me, causing me to roll my eyes. This is senior year and they are still pulling these types of things?

Jasper whirled around, glaring at the girl behind me. "Still pulling up the childish insults huh Lissa?" I question, most of my bullies moved away or grown out of their childish acts and some even apologized. However, Lissa was one of the few that stayed with her ... actions since middle school. Harassing me from the moment she saw me, making most of my life a living nightmare.

Her eyes narrowed in my direction while I just looked at her calmly, "Tch, whatever sl*t." She then slinked away, seeming to not know what else to say.

"When will people grow up?" I questioned, looking up at Jasper who was glaring in her direction, seeming to zone out for a moment. "Jasper?" I say, causing him to snap out of his daze, looking over towards me. "You ok?"

"Why do you just let her ... walk away!? Why don't you defend yourself?" Jasper questioned, sounding slightly agitated.

"Because it's not really worth my time, she just calls me names. Nothing more." I say with a small shrug. "Besides, if I rise against her, the whole school would be in an uproar. She is really popular."

"Not the whole school." Jasper grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Ok, most of the school." I looked up slightly as I heard the bell ring loudly, causing everyone to move, heading towards their classes. "C'mon lets head to class." I say, giving Jasper a small shove with my elbow as I started walking towards our class. "So how was that date with Lily? Did you guys kiss?"