Chapter 20

"Okay, wait a minute, so you didn't recognize any of the guys at all like no identification, whatsoever?" Ryder finally spoke up after a few moments of silence.

Jack shook his head lightly, while I was trying to wipe off some blood from his busted lip. I dabbed a cotton ball on it, to at least try it up.

"But they did say some stuff." He said after I stopped wiping the blood off and gave him an ice pack for his eye.

"Like, what?" I asked, I mean sure curiosity killed the cat.

"They said that if I tell anyone, they'll hurt you, Ariana, and me but worse. I honestly don't know how they know you." He said still holding the icepack to his eye.

I was frozen for second, wait. How did his attackers know me? Could they be the same attackers that attacked me? Ugh I wish I could remember what happened during my blackouts.

"Oh! And they said something like 'Tell Adriana I said I'll be waiting, and the next time she won't get away' or some shit like that. I didn't get it, but I had to call you because they mentioned you in it and-"

I cut him off by running to the bathroom and I started throwing up in the sink.

No it can't be him. No. He's in prison. No. No. Fuck no. This is bad. This is so bad. Did he escape? No he couldn't have, I mean they only charged him about 5-10 years. Omg. No. I started throwing up again. Ryder came running in and he was trying to sooth me by making small circles in my back.

It helped a little but not as much. What Jack just told me, I knew exactly that it was him. It was that same man. I know it, because he was the only one who always called me 'Adriana' because he never pronounced my name right.

After throwing up some more and reassuring Ryder that I was fine. I brushed my teeth to get the puke scent out of my mouth and went to meet Jack and Ryder back in the living room. At this point, I knew I was crying, I could feel the salt watery tears coming down my cheeks.

He ruined me. And I have that memory forever.

Jack didn't have his icepack anymore, he ran towards me and embraced me with a hug.

"Are you okay? Look I'm confused, what does these attackers mean to you. And that girl Adriana? Whatever. I mean do you know her or something?" He was stilling hugging me and I looked at Ryder, who seemed to be trying not to stare.

Am I ready to tell them? Should I? I don't think I should. I mean yes I know both of them well but I have a bad gut feeling about this. I could tell Ryder but we just became friends. And Jack? I mean he's always there for me. Maybe I should. But not right now. Its not really the right moment to talk about secrets and such.

After I pulled away I wiped my nose with tissue because I bet I looked like a snot face seal due to how much I just cried. Neither one of us said a word. Jack was standing and pacing back and forth. And Ryder was seated running his hand through his hair.

We all seemed to be in deep thought, because I heard a phone ring. And trust me, it wasn't mine. Maybe its Ryder's again. But he didn't even reach for his phone. Nor was it coming from his direction. I looked at Jack and sure enough, it is his.

"Hello." He looked... Afraid? Why is he afraid? I heard voices and noises through the phone. Hell, they were pretty loud. But maybe its because it was pretty quiet, due to my parents and Toby sleeping and me and Ryder staying silent to hear.

"Look, I don't know who you are, I don't even want to be a part of this, who the fuck is this?! What do you want from me?" Jack was yelling at this point. I'm surprised my parents and Toby were still asleep. Us, Martin's, we are heavy sleepers.

I heard laughing and talking again. Jack huffed and put his phone on speaker.

"There, why did you want me to put you on speaker, again?" Jack asked in frustration.

I heard a grunt and then a male voice that I knew all to well.

"Hey, Adriana. How you been girly? Miss me? Well I certainly missed you baby. Can't wait to see you again. And oh! Tell your little boyfriend Jack to watch out. Because remember baby your mine and only mine. I have to let you go right now, I need to do some important stuff. And if you think putting me in jail would keep me from having you, then you're wrong. Hahaha. Only death could do that. See you soon, Adriana." And then the line went dead.

I stared at the phone and before I knew it, I started crying again. I couldn't do anything but cry. He's free now. And he's gonna do what he did all those years but this time he's going to kill me.

Ryder started cussing and pulling his own hair and pacing back and forth. Whilst Jack was.. Numb? You could say. He didn't say a word. He just put his phone into his pocket and walked out of my house. That was pretty stupid. Why would he walk out of my house like that, literally they could've been outside near my house waiting. How else would they know when to be on speaker. How else would he have know Jack was here?

I'll tell you why? Because this guy knows everything. He can track any guy in a second. But why Jack? Why him? Maybe he saw me with Jack at school or something, when we did our usual make out routines and stuff. I don't even feel scared anymore.

He use to do this all the time. All the freaking time. He must be on patrol right now. Since he's out of jail.

Ryder grabbed me and started talking but I wasn't listening. I was just replaying all the events that happened in the past. All the stuff he did to me.

I remembered when he --

My thoughts were cut off when Ryder threw a cup of water at my face. I wiped my face with my shirt. What the hell is his problem! Really that water was freezing cold.

"What the hell!" I said and pushed him.

"Tell me everything Ariana. Right now. Who is this guy? What is he to you? What the hell is going on right now!?" He kept blurting question after question. And all I could was hear and watch the more frustrated he got.

"Ariana!" He yelled for the tenth time.

"I-i don't know, i-if its a good i-idea to tell you." I stammered. Gosh I really wish I could but only two people know. And I really just wanted to keep it that way. I hate telling people my past. Or anything of my life. I mean why does he even care?

"Not a good idea? Ariana you can trust me. I swear you can trust me with anything. I just want to help you. What that bastard said through the phone is fucking creepy! I mean I don't want you to get hurt." He said in a more softer tone than I have ever heard him talk like.

I nodded. I felt like I could trust him with anything and everything. I know he wouldn't even tell a living soul, just the look in his eyes showed that. I felt like he could understand. Like he wouldn't show that awful pity, both of my best friends showed. Sure, its okay but they never fully understood. Ryder would, I can tell. Even if he is a jerk, douche, player, every name known to man. I feel like he would understand more than anyone. More than my parents even.

I took a deep breathe and sighed. I was ready. Even if I knew me and Ryder could be nothing more than friends. I knew I could tell him something this secretive, I knew he wouldn't tell anyone if his own life depended on it. Just by the way his eyes looked into mine. I knew.

"Okay, get ready for one hell of a story." I smirked trying to make ease the tension but Ryder didn't even smile. He was dead serious.

And so was I.

***--******
So this chapter was kinda too cheesy.
I know, I know. Why would you leave a cliffhanger?! But anyways enough whining. It wouldn't be a good story without them. It keeps you hanging, get it? No. Okay

Let's see what her story/secret is shall we? In the next chapter tho.

Its like 1am literally. Like I finished this chapter on time.

Okay that is all.

Ana