Chapter 43

"Let me take you somewhere." Ryder states cupping my cheeks with his hands.

His lips are swollen and look even more inviting than before.

I nod again, not trusting my voice. He smiles and kisses me one last time, before he grabs my hand and guides me away from the auditorium.
As we exit out, I feel someone's presence or stare behind me. So I turn around, and see Tiana. Sending me a death glare but then it soon changed to a smirk. That can't be good. But right now, I just want to stay with Ryder. No matter the consequences that it leads me to.

Just being around him, makes my whole body tinge and warm up. I feel like I can conquer anything, when I'm around him. Call me crazy, but Ryder is so addictive. I can't help myself when I'm surrounded by his presence.

As we're walking out of the school. Our hands are intertwined and I feel my whole body feel up with butterflies. What is this boy doing to me?

We enter his car and we stay in our comfortable silence. He starts the engine and the car purrs to life.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask curiously.

"It's a surprise," He smiles and winks at me.

"I'm not really a big fan of surprises." I sigh, surprises are so unpredictable. That's what I dislike about them. And the fact that I have to wait is even worse. I'm a very impatient person. And when I wait, I think of all the possibilities of what the surprise or event or whatever it is, it can be negative or positive.

But at this moment, I'm pretty sure it's a positive one. I mean Ryder just admitted he was in love with me. The surprise has to lead to more good things as well. Or so I hope.

It is. He wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our... Whatever we are. Friends? Maybe. Okay i don't know.

Friends don't tell each other, their in love with each other.. And friends don't passionately make out. Friends are people you associate with but without all the mushy mushy stuff.

I seriously need to face palm myself right now. Mushy mushy? Really Ariana.

I shake my head from the thoughts that are clouded onto my head and focus on more of where my destination is.

I think my mind has differently distracted me from where I am. What use to be the school parking exit has now turned into buildings of different shops.

Is he taking me shopping? Why would he? Does he think I need a new change of wardrobe or something? I look down at my casual clothes. Their not that bad.

My eyebrows are furrowed in confusion.

Ryder takes his eyes from the road for a second and mets my gaze.

"What?" He asks confused.

"Uh.. Nothing . " I say and turn my attention to the window.

"Oh come on, you can't lie. Just tell me what's wrong. Did I do something wrong?" He says anxiously.

"No, no of course not. I, uh, just you know... Can you just tell me where we're going." I say changing the subject.

"Nice one. Changing the subject to our whereabouts." He chuckles and stops the car.

"We're here." He announces and I look out the window to a cute little cafe shop. The walls are a creamy brown color and its a small rectangular shape. Almost like a square.

It has Jonas's Cafe printed black on the front in big letters and you can see a bit of the inside because of the two huge windows side by side. And in between the windows is the entrance/exit.