Chapter 44

After we left the coffee shop, we decided to head home.

We enter my house and head straight upstairs. And no it's not what you think. We are not going to do the "deed". I have to take a shower since I smell like coffee. And I highly doubt Ryder would want to make out with me or do anything with me, while I smell like black chalk.

And yes, I do think coffee smells like black chalk.

"You can hang here if you want, I'll only take 10 or 20 minutes." I reassure Ryder, while he examines my room.

He's been here plenty of times.. It's not like he's never seen it before. But yet, he still looks at the shelves of books and made up bed with awe.

I get my underwear from my dresser and quickly hide them under my clothes that I'll be wearing after I shower. I don't want Ryder to see anything too embarrassing and in no doubt will he ever let me live that one down, if he did indeed see my underwear.

"Hey, Ariana, what's that?" Ryder questions, pointing to my clean clothes carried by my hands.

My face warms up. "Uh. Nothing. I-i need to go shower!" I say a little too loud and race towards my bathroom.

I shut the door behind me and lock it.

"Ari, I think it's a bit too late. Nice pair of lace underwear though." He chuckles and I feel my face burn up even more.

I try to ignore his comment and turn on the shower head. I place my clothes neatly beside the sink. And strip off my previous clothes. My hair is still sticky and now fuzzy. But hopefully, when I come out it'll be back to its normal wavy style.

I enter the shower, welcomed by the steam and my tense muscles relax. I wash my hair twice with my strawberry shampoo and rinse it out. After I convince myself, that I'm finally coffee free. I turn off the shower head and reach for one of my towels that are hooked onto the hanger.

I dry myself and hair before I exit the shower. Not wanting to leave any water stains, unless I want to slip and fall and probably end my life for good. I mean, just imagine people coming to my funeral and some outsider asks 'how did she die?' 'Oh the poor child died of slipping on some water, which caused her to break her neck.' Great way to die right? No, wrong.

I change into my underwear and then put my gray joggers on. I put on a white plain T-shirt.

Okay now I look like a guy. Oh well. It's not like Ryder would care. I leave my wet hair down and run the brush a few times over it.

I pick up my dirty laundry and towel and dump it in my basket for the other laundry that needs to be cleaned. I need to do my laundry later for sure.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Ryder laying down on my bed. He's on his right side, so I can't really see his face.

I move over to get a better look, and look at an 'awe' at Ryder's sleeping state. He looks so adorable and younger. His face looks so at peace. I have a huge urge to not touch his strong jawline and trace his lips.

Don't judge me! I know you would do it too if you saw his face.

I think I've stared for too long. He might think I'm a creep for staring. Well, that's if he woke up. How can he fall asleep so fast? I don't think I took a long time. It was only about 30 minutes, I'm guessing.

I shrug and I'm about to walk to my kitchen, downstairs but I hear a very obnoxious noise come from the bed.

I turn around, seeing Ryder still asleep. What was that noise then? It sounded like a snore. Oh my gosh. Did Ryder just snore??