Chapter 31 - Suit

Sunday, January 15 --- 4:41p.m.

Grace sat up lazily on the couch, enjoying her Sunday afternoon. Sprinkles was in her lap getting petted by her. Edward sat next to her, watching videos on Naf's phone with headphones in so as not to disturb Grace. She had been showing him some videos that Ryan George had made and do far he found himself smiling at a lot of the sketches. He had to admit they were funny, even if he was unsure how funny they would be earlier that day.

Grace sighed, looking at Edward. Why did she have to love him so much and why didn't he say anything about it? Had he not heard her when she had confessed last time? Possibly.

Nafratearie waltzed down the stairs, glowing from happiness. Instead of wearing her pink and white striped shirt from earlier, paired with some jeans and messy hair, she was wearing a satin, v-neckline, royal blue dress that fell to her knees, the short sleeves covering her shoulders. Her hair was brushed to a satiny sheen, with some silver hairclips pinned inside to style her hair. On her right wrist was a silver bracelet, matching her silver clip-on earrings. The heels were not high, but were silvery, as well as her belt.  All in all, she was covered in head to toe with royal blue and silver. When she reached the bottom, she made her way over to Grace and sat on top of the coffee table in front of her, one leg crossed over the other.

"What do you think?" she asked, twirling a strand of hair pinched between two of her fingers.

"You look like a princess," Grace answered truthfully.

"Thanks. Now we have to get you ready."

"Why? I haven't needed to dress up in front of them before and from what you and Edward have told me about them, they'd understand. What's even the point of it?"

Nafratearie sighed.

"Because you haven't met them in person yet and you need to make a good impression on them."

"I can do that with my behavior, can't I?"

"Well, yes, but it wouldn't hurt to look presentable too."

"I'm not going to win this, am I?" sighed Grace.

"Nope," Naf happily stated, popping the word.

"Fine," grumbled Grace, getting up.

Instantly Naf felt guilty for forcing her friend to dress up, but it was for the best. She rarely had to do it and it was a struggle every time, but on special occasions that called for it, what other choice did she have?

"Would you like help picking an outfit? If you want to, you can borrow one of my dresses."

"Thanks, I guess," Grace mumbled.

"Come on then," beckoned Naf, approaching the stairs.

Grace reluctantly followed her up the stairs, heading towards Nafratearie's room. When they arrived, Nafratearie led Grace to the edge of the bed before both of them sat down.

"What's wrong?"

"What makes you think something's wrong?"

"Grace," Nafratearie sighed. "I know when you aren't happy.  I want to make it better. Please?"

"Fine. You know I hate dressing up, right?"

"Yeah."

"I never told you why though. I think it's time that I told you."

"I always assumed it was because the clothes were too uncomfortable."

"That's a small part of it, but not the main reason."