Chapter 5

"Webby! You're back! Where's Louie?" Dewey greeted Webby. They were all in the stomach of the Sun Chaser. Donald, Della, and Scrooge were all walking back and forth in circles anxiously. Beakly was sitting with Huey, Dewey, and Launchpad. Webby ran into the plane panting. "Where is he, lassie?" Scrooge asked.

When Webby finally caught her breath, she said, "I couldn't get him." Della came forward. "What- What do you mean you couldn't get him?" she said in a scarily quiet voice. "I don't know. He's got amnesia. Goldie did something to him," she explained, folding her hands. Everyone jumped up. "What!?" Webby backed up defensively.

"So he doesn't remember anything?" Huey questioned. Webby nodded. "It seemed like it. He was scared of me and didn't trust me," she added. Scrooge threw down his cane abruptly. "That Goldie! That's it! I'm marching right over to her house and demanding him back!" Scrooge shouted. Donald, Della, and Launchpad cheered him.

Beakly stood up. "Wait just a second! Mr. McDuck, are you sure that's the best idea?" she said, raising an eyebrow. Scrooge crossed his arms. "We tried it your way Beakly. Now it's my way," he said, marching out of the plane, Donald, Della, and Launchpad following. Beakly sighed and went after them. The kids looked around at each other, shrugged, then followed their family.

Goldie was just about ready to pull her hair out after several attempts of trying to get Louie to be a bad boy. He couldn't trick Launchpad if he tried. Goldie took in a breath to calm herself. "Louie, when I call you out on a lie, you don't admit it," she said. He bit his beak. "Sorry," he said. Goldie smiled at him warmly and ruffled his feathers. "It's alright," she said.

"Now, let's try again. What do you do when you see something you want?" Just then the doorbell rang. Goldie crossed her arms. "Ugh! Glomgold, I told you no! Whatever it is you want, the answer is no!" she said exasperated. Opening the door, she was surprised to see Scrooge. He had his arms crossed and tapped his foot on the ground.

"Scroogie!" she smiled.

"Ah! Don't play that game with me Goldie! Where's my laddie!" he said.

She put a hand on her heart dramatically. "No formal greeting? You could at least show some common decency," she smirked. Oh how she enjoyed getting his blood boiling.

"Goldie! Give me back Louie!" he demanded.

"You don't give orders, I do. Call me that cute nickname you gave me when we first met," she said.

"Yes, Glittering Goldie," he said. Then he stopped and his anger returned. "That stupid spell! Hand over Louie this instance or else I'll-"

"Alright, alright, you can have him," she said, holding up her hands defensively. Scrooge hesitated, unsure. "Really?" he asked surprised. Goldie put a hand on her hip. "Sure! That is, if he wants to go with you, you old money bags," she teased.

Opening the door wider, she invited him in. He took off his hat. "Why wouldn't the lad want to come home?" he questioned suspiciously. Louie was standing there. Scrooge's eyes widened and he swooped the triplet up in a hug. Louie squirmed in his arms. "Mom?" he yelped. Scrooge let go of him. "Mom?! Webigail was right! You really did do something to him!" he exclaimed.

Louie ran to Goldie's side and she set a hand on his head. She glanced down at him. "Hey, Sharpie, do you want to stay with me or go live with this stranger?" she asked smirking. "You," Louie said. Goldie shot a look at Scrooge. "See?" she said. She couldn't help but smile.

Scrooge rolled his eyes. "Of course he would! You messed with his head!" he shouted. Louie glanced up at her. "What's he talking about?" he wondered. "Goldie kidnapped ye! I'm yer real family!" Scrooge said. Louie looked between Scrooge and Goldie. She pushed Louie behind her defensively.

"Don't go filling this kid's head with lies! You're the one who's trying to take him!" she said. The two adults went on arguing, leaving Louie very confused.

Suddenly, a shark wearing a parka burst through the door, causing all three of them to scream. "What the heck!" Goldie yelped. Goldie and Scrooge exchanged a look. "Sharkas," they spoke in unison. Glomgold appeared in the doorway. "That's right accursed Scrooge and beloved Goldie! Flintheart Glomgold got the lamp right from under your noses!" Gene stood behind him. His shoulders slumped and he frowned. "And to think, I could've been a tv show producer."

Thanks for your support!