Chapter 1

Goldie smiled at her phone. On it was an image of a map. She had snuck into McDuck manner and taken a picture of a map they had plotted out from clues in a journal. She stared at a large pyramid before her. The McDuck family had already gone in almost an hour earlier. She was waiting for them to spring all the traps. She skipped inside, humming to herself. Oh man, this was going to make Scroogie so mad.

She knew she was on the right path when she heard shouts of fighting. "Bingo," she said to herself. She stepped through an entry way of stone into another chamber. As she expected, there were the McDucks, fighting off a hoard of giant scorpions on a raised platform. She smiled at them, knowing she was unseen. Goldie surveyed the area. By a sailor dressed duck was golden lamp. She grinded confidently. "Hello," she said, her mind set on the treasure.

As agile as she could, Goldie jumped down near them. The older duck dressed as a sailor was too busy rocking himself back and forth with fear to notice her. And the rest of the family was occupied with scorpions. Goldie hoisted herself up on top of the platform. She sneakily crept up on the duck dressed in the black uniform. "I wish we just had a normal family with normal family problems," he squawked. Half way through his comment, Goldie snatched the lamp up from under him.

The uniformed duck now noticed her. He stood up startled. Goldie examined her prize and smiled at how successful she was. The duck in black stared at her worriedly. "Uh, uncle Scrooge?" the duck called. Scrooge turned around to face him and his eyes widened when he saw Goldie.

"Hi, Scroogie," she greeted slyly.

"Goldie!? What are ye doing 'ere!"

She passed the lamp from hand to hand. "Oh you know, hunting treasure, stealing it from under your nose, the usual," she said. He narrowed his gaze at her.

By now, the entire family knew her presence. The ducklings in red and pink and his housekeeper still took care of the scorpions while the others dealt with Goldie. "Is that the lamp of Cali Ba Ba? We earned that treasure fair and square Goldie! Now give it back!" Scrooge demanded.

She dangled the lamp from one finger. "No, I think I'll keep it and make a few wishes if you don't mind." Scrooge grumbled angrily.

Goldie ignored him and rubbed the lamp. A puff of purple smoke appeared. A grown duck in a pilot uniform and cap gasped. "Is Darkwing here!?" Scrooge whacked him with his cane and turned back to Goldie.

After the smoke cleared, there floated a genie in a turban and Arabian clothing. "Shabooie!" he shouted. "Howdy, new masters! You can call me Gene! I'll grant you three wishes," he said bowing.

Goldie cleared her throat. "I'm your new master actually," she corrected.

He turned around to her. "Oh. What do you wish, oh master?" he asked.

Goldie put a finger to her chin in a thoughtful way. Scrooge crossed his arms. "If ye going to torture us, do it quickly, ye vexed vermin!" he said.

She gasped as if she was offended. "Why, Scroogie! That's just hurtful! I'm not sure I like your attitude," she said. She smiled like she was coming up with a cruel idea. "Gene, I have my first wish."

Gene looked between them, feeling their tension. He still didn't know enough to pick a side but he felt awkward. "One wish ready, my lady. What is it?"

She glared at Scrooge with a smile. "I wish..." She savored the moment, studying Scrooge's expression. "I wish Scrooge would do whatever I asked of him," she said. Scrooge and his family gasped.

Gene bit his lip and frowned. "Your wish is my command, I guess," he said, questioning the morality of his new master. He smacked his hands together then pointed them at Scrooge. "Shabooie!" he declared.

Purple sparkles went over Scrooge's head. After they went away, Scrooge didn't feel any different. "Goldie! Give me the lamp!" he demanded.

"Eat your hat," she said. The magical sparkles returned and he pulled his hat off his head. He moved it towards his mouth. Goldie snickered. "Okay, stop," she said before he could actually do it.

When he was in his right mind again, he jumped up upset and pointed a harsh finger at her. "Goldie, you quit this right now!"

"Give me all your money," she smiled. The purple dust returned once again. He pulled out a check book from his pocket. She stopped him. "Just kidding, it's way more fun to steal it from you. Who knew having a genie would be so fun!"

Goldie jumped onto another ledge, making her way to the exit of the pyramid. "Goldie, Hurry up and finish your wishes so I don't have to hear yer blasted voice anymore!" Scrooge grumbled. The rest of his family took fighting stances, fed up with her too.

Goldie put her hands on her hips. "Fine." She eyes each of them until she came to a certain duckling dressed in a green hoodie. She turned to Gene, who didn't look too comfortable working for her. She called him over and she whispered something in his ear.

The genie's eyes widened. "No! I can't do that!" he protested, his hands already glowing with magic.

"Ah! But my three wishes!" she reminded.

He frowned, fighting his power. But the magic was too strong for him. "I'm sorry guys, I really am!" he apologized in advance. His hands aimed at Louie. The boy had a worried look on his face, scared for whatever would happen next. Gene fought the words. "Shabooie!"

Louie was lifted up into the air and he suddenly fell unconscious. His family gasped and tried to snatch the boy out of the air. Goldie smiled. "Scroogie, stop them." The magic overcame the elderly duck and he began fighting his family. He kept them from the sleeping Louie. Finally, the boy had been lifted up to Goldie and Gene. She smiled warmly at the boy in green. She heard his family's cries for him. "You can stop now, Scroogie," she said. He let go of his nephew he had been holding up in the air and dropped him to the ground. He blinked a few times, then spun around to face Goldie.

"Bring Louie back!" he shouted.

She jumped up a few more ledges with Louie and Gene following. She spun around and waved to him. "Tah, tah!" She blew Scrooge a kiss and left.

Scrooge watched after them and pounded the ground with his fist. His niece moved to set an hand on his shoulder, but he pulled away from her. "Louie. This is all my fault," he spoke under his breath.