Chapter Twenty-One: We Need To Talk About Alex-

I woke up just as I remembered falling asleep, in the same position with Logan tucked against my chest and my arms wrapped around him. It's like neither of us even moved an inch for the length of time we'd been asleep. I double checked to see if we'd even been asleep that long, and came to find that we'd actually slept through almost the entire day. It had just gone four in the afternoon. With this realisation came a groan on my behalf. 

    I really didn't want to get up. 

    My groan of disappointment caused Logan to stir in his sleep, shuffling about until he was laying on his back and my palm was resting flat against his stomach. I leaned my forehead against his temple to gently whisper something by his ear, hoping to ease him slowly into consciousness. 

    "Logan, I gotta go." I was surprised at how awake the guy suddenly was. His head turned towards me. I leaned back so I could focus on him properly, instead of causing my eyes strain. "We've been in bed all day." 

    "Oh. Well, hey, then it's nearly night time. And...people sleep at night. So you should stay. And sleep, here. With me." I almost couldn't say no to the hopeful tone to his voice and the pleading look in his puppy-like eyes, but I had shit I needed to do. I hadn't made any money today, in fact, I'd barely made any money that wasn't coming straight from Nate's wallet. 

    I'd gotten myself so wrapped up in being with Logan or running to Nate each time he called, that I'd completely forgotten I was supposed to be lingering around the streets all day and night looking for any walkin', talkin' ATM machines I could find. I just hoped Kyle didn't notice the income he was getting should've been...a little bit higher than it was. 

    "Sorry but I really do have to go. I gotta work and I haven't been around for Alex much, I'm all the kid's got right now." 

    "Who's Alex?" 

    "He's just a friend. Don't worry, I'm not screwing him too." In some strange, stupid way, those words felt like a lie. It was true, I wasn't screwing the guy, but we weren't exactly just friends, either. That was something I'd keep to myself, even though I was sure Alex most likely knew in some way or another. Which made me glad he'd decided to just leave it alone. 

    "I wasn't worried." His tone sounding forcefully uncaring. I shrugged and clambered out of the bed, searching for my clothes. I pulled my jeans on first, and just as I was about to take Logan's jumper off and replace it with the one Nate bought me, Logan stopped me. 

    "That's your jumper now, remember?" I slid the arm I'd pulled out of the sleeve back in and smoothed the creases out along my torso. 

    "You sure?" He nodded, one corner of his lips tugged upwards, in reply. "Thanks, then." I beamed a grin his way, which he returned as best he could. I was worried about leaving him, because to have slept all day and still look as worse for wear as he did...well, who wouldn't be worried? 

    "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I said, standing by his bedroom door, my shoes fitted on my feet and the hoody Nate bought me slung over my forearm. 

    "Yes, Ash, I'll be fine." He chuckled softly. 

    "Alright. Remember to eat something. You haven't had anything all day, have you?" 

    "Ash." He sighed, and I knew it was because of the fact that I was beginning to sound like his mother again. I smiled whilst nodding down at the floor in defeat. 

    "Okay. Well, I'll see you sometime tomorrow, maybe." I paused momentarily before walking out, to say, "Call me, if you need to. Doesn't matter the time or whatever. Yeah? Promise me." He rolled his eyes exasperatedly and nodded slowly, obviously getting tired of my concern, but I couldn't help it.