Chapter Twelve: Dark Alleys-

I kicked Logan in the side, gently. It was more of a nudge with my foot, really. We were both sat watching television, some boring show that he was into that I never really paid much attention to. We'd finished watching the movie. Logan put it back to the beginning and I watched it all the way through this time. It was a pretty good film, to say it were about fish.

    I was lounging length ways across the cushions, which Logan didn't exactly appreciate since he kept complaining about not having enough room. “I'm bored,” I muttered, ignoring his latest complaint. “Entertain me,”

    Logan tilted his head just enough to look at me. “Isn't it your job to entertain me?” his voice was playful, face expressing humour in the most obvious way. Grin mischievous on his lips, edging them up at the corners more and more, the longer I looked at him.

    “Okay,” I sighed, sitting upright, “let me entertain you then,” I reached for the remote but Logan must have had premonition powers, because he snatched it into his hands, moving it as far out of my reach as was possible.

    “How is changing the channel going to entertain me?” he asked, eyebrows raised.

    “I was going to put a music channel on and give you a little show,” I winked, pulling at he collar of my sweater a little, to show him my chest. He laughed at me, throwing his feet up onto the sofa. He was now in the same position I had previously been in, moments before.

    It was as if we'd swapped roles – I was the one without any space, but that was easily solved. I clambered forward until I was laying between his legs, my chest resting against his as I looked up at him from underneath my lashes. “Comfortable?” he asked me. I nodded in answer.

    It was strange how one moment I could go from feeling completely awkward with him, to acting as if we'd been best friends our entire life. Granted, best friends didn't occasionally make out, but what the hell?

    “Do you ever think about your future?” Logan's voice rose over the background noise of the TV, the programme completely forgotten about. I turned myself around until my back was to his chest, so that I was staring up at the ceiling while I thought. I could feel his warmth seeping through my clothes at each point that we touched. Which was everywhere.

    “Nah, not really,”

    “So, you never think about settling down with someone and having a life?” I didn't answer him. Instead, I kept quiet, expecting him to carry on the conversation without my help, or at least just change the subject completely. I kind of hoped it would be the latter.

    This had happened a lot with Logan these past two weeks. He almost seemed like an adult stuck in a seventeen year old body, with half the depressing shit he came out with. “Do you want a family?” he asked a few moments later.

    I laughed half-heartedly, “I'm only seventeen, mate, I have years to think about that. I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and plan my life out now,” Logan breathed out with a half-laugh, half-sigh. I felt his chest move in time with his inhale and exhale. I found myself breathing in sync with him.

    I hadn't noticed until now, but he was gently combing through my hair with his fingers. It had me closing my eyes and relaxing into his touch, heart beat calming. He said, “What if you didn't?”

    “Hm?” my eyes opened sleepily at the question.

    “What if you didn't,” he started again, pausing to take a breath before continuing, “have years to think about it. What if you only had one? What would you do?”

    Admittedly, the question caught me off guard. For some reason, my mind went completely blank. I'd never thought about it, at all. I'd always assumed that I'd have all the time in the world. It felt as though I would never move past the age of seventeen, like I'd forever be at this point in life.