Chapter Twenty-Seven: Then Everything Changes-

A/N: I have a feeling that you're all going to hate me by the end of this chapter >.> SirSpazzy introduced me to the song on the side. I think it fits this chapter quite well.

    I got a text from Logan at about eight this morning. I woke up to the vibration of my phone inside my jean pockets, which lay crumpled on the floor, underneath the bed I'd fallen asleep in. When I'd turned over to see if my trick from last night was still there, I saw nothing but creased sheets and an open window. The sunlight was causing my eyes to squint as I searched the small room for any signs of the bloke. 

    It seemed like he'd beat me to waking up first and ditching. With a groan and a quick, lazy stretch, I stumbled out of bed and searched through my pockets for my mobile. I pulled my jeans and shirt on before opening the text message, which basically said that Logan wanted to talk to me and that it was pretty important. 

   I didn't really think much of it; shrugging and sliding my phone back into my jeans with a head that felt like lead and feet that clearly had absolutely no coordination, as I tried to make my way towards the hotel room's door. 

    The smell of smoke lingered in the air, making me feel nauseous. Which definitely was not helping my feet out. I drifted off course and ended up walking into a wall, momentarily leaning against it as I tried to make my body function normally and shake off the drag of sleep. A coffee would have been real nice about now. 

    Normally if it was an over-night stay in a hotel room, I'd take the opportunity to shower but I wasn't thinking straight this morning. The only thought my brain could hold was that I needed to get to Logan's house, cause Logan needed to talk to me. It was a good of an excuse as any to put a middle finger up to my work and spend the day with someone I actually liked, rather than strangers that just wanted a quick shag here and there. 

    I eventually made it outside, holding onto the door for support as the wind caused me to stammer backwards. Like I'd just walked into a tidal wave of freezing cold air and had to hold onto something for dear life. The great thing about it was that it woke me up. Better than a coffee, for sure - quicker, too. 

    I was lucky enough to catch a taxi before it pulled away from the curb, five minutes down from the hotel. Clambering in with a wave, muttering the directions just loud enough for the guy to hear. Since I was feeling like I was pretty much recovering from a hangover, I really would have preferred if I'd gotten the normal type of cab driver that never said a word to their customers. 

    But no. No, no, no. I had to get the one with the jolly tone and a smile brighter than a fucking fog light. Those one in a million type of drivers, that talk and talk and talk. A never ending drone of complete fucking horse shit. He went on and on about the weather, and his trip to Hawaii where it was beautiful and stress-free. Well fucking great! Cheers for rubbing it in my face, you fucking twat. 

    I leaned my head against the window, counting numbers in my head so that I didn't tear this guy a new one. How could one person, not to mention one that lived in England, be this goddamn happy in a morning? I kept my focus on seeing Logan. Counting down the minutes til I was at his house. I'd made this trip so many times that I knew the directions off by heart now. Just one last turn and I'd be there. One. Last. Turn. 

    Thank fucking God. 

    I literally couldn't have been any more enthusiastic jumping out of that taxi. I handed him the cash through the window and wasted no time in walking off as fast as my legs could take me. I made the ten minute walk down to Logan's doorstep in the space of a few minutes, eagerly waiting for him to open the door and let me in from the icy chill that seemed to favour my nose more than anything.