Chapter 42

Skylar's POV

In this moment of him and I kissing so passionately, I realize any feelings that I had before have grown in the moment.

He strokes my hair as he plants another soft kiss upon my lips. "Why don't you finish up, get dressed and we'll meet in the foyer, hey? Then we can either eat breakfast here or go out, it's your choice, Baby."

"Let's stay in for breakfast, your pancakes are delicious," I say to him with a smile and that sweet gentle voice of mine.

He stands from his spot slowly and looks down at me with those loving eyes I only see once every so often. "Of course," he replies. Then he leaves, shutting the door behind him.

Quickly, I begin bathing myself in vanilla-scented soaps and soaking my hair in the bubbly water to wash it. I scrub my scalp and body as fast I possibly can before I rinse myself off once again and hop out of the tub.

But then I remember that I might as well shave so I can - you know - wear a dress today and look decent in it...

After I have cleaned myself up in the now very soapy and wonderful-smelling tub, I unplug the plug and scramble to get to my warm towel, nearly falling in the process. Luckily I reach the carpeted space just in time and begin drying myself off.

Once I've wrapped my hair up and secured myself in a towel, I head into the bedroom in search of a dress. I'm sick of covering up myself all the time and hiding away. For now on, if I wanna wear a sundress, I'm gonna were that sundress!

When I re-enter the room, I notice the walk-in closet's door is wide open and the light is on. I go ahead and enter the closet, admiring the marvellous design of the room with all its dazzling lights and expensive decor throughout.

As I'm sweeping my hand against every cool-looking object I see, I notice a small glass table in the middle with a blue, off-the-shoulder sundress laying on top. Moving closer, I see within the blueness there is little daisies all over the fabric, giving it a much more summery look.

For the first time since I was just a child, I'm actually excited  to wear a dress.

I let my towel fall to the ground and I pull the dress on myself without a second of hesitation. I also slip on a pair of underwear and brush my hair before heading down to the kitchen.

My footsteps echo throughout the large penthouse as I descend from the stairs. This time, I notice even more of the penthouse and how big the windows are on the main floor. They somehow even seem to make the city look even prettier from here; all the tall buildings: big and small perfectly within my sight.

It doesn't even take directions to find the kitchen in this place, because as soon as the scent of fresh-cooked food enters my nose, I somehow find myself at the door of the kitchen.

"Hungry?"

At the sound of his voice, I turn around and see him, a dish towel draped over his shoulder and a blue apron hanging loosely from his hips. He's at the double stove flipping chocolate chip pancakes onto a plate and humming gently to himself.

Slowly, I come up behind him and take a seat on the bar stool at the counter so I can watch him make breakfast in that awfully sexy way of his.

Wow, Skylar. You're so horny you some how managed to sexualize Andrei making you breakfast.

The click of the element shutting off suddenly awakens me from my thoughts and I'm back to looking at the pancakes in front of me.

Andrei takes a seat across from me and moves some food onto my plate before he does his. "You know..." he says, a soft little smile on his face. "Before I was trained in order to take my fathers place some day, my mama would always make me these." he cuts into the fluffy pancake and brings to my mouth which I gratefully take. He smiles again. "She taught me how to cook because she thought that one day, when I'm married and have a family of my own, I'll need to be able to cook, too. Not just sit around and put work before family all the time."