Chapter 47

Andrei's POV

"Andrei help me!"

I immediately drop the bowl of half-served soup and it shatters as I run towards the bathroom. More screams travel across the room as I am struggling to open the door. "Skylar? Open the door!"

Nothing. No cries no nothing. Just dead silence.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck.." I murmur to myself and continue to twist the handle as if it will open the more I do it. I take a deep breath, step away from the door slightly and lift my foot to the door, kicking it as hard as I possibly can. Reluctantly it swings open, but only to reveal Skylar coughing up so much blood that the rug is heavily stained.

"A-Andrei.." she cries out between her coughing. Her hands are both dark red, dripping with her blood and I see streams of it down her back and arms. "W..." she breathes heavily and collapses to the floor. "Amelia... She- stabbed." she heaves in another breath before another wild coughing attack takes over her.

I run towards her, dropping to my knees and taking her in my arms. "Skylar.. Please," I cry, a tear then more fall onto her face. "Help is on its way.. just stay awake. Look at me- talk to me."

My phone suddenly vibrates, so I take the opportunity to get help. I pull it out of my pocket with my shaky hand and see it's Dimirti who's texted me. He's asks if my days going alright and I manage to say the mere words of "Bad. I need he-" before my phone is snatched from my hand.

"If you want that whore and mistake to live I recommend you step the fuck away from her."

I feel a wet blade sweep against the back of my neck and familiar fingernails dig into my shoulder. It only takes the uneasy-feeling touch to know who it is that's done this.

My hands slowly depart from Skylar's now limp body, her breaths barley noticeable at this point. Amelia's hands fist the back of shirt, pulling at me to stand, so I do but only in fear that she'll finish off Skylar if I don't.

She turns me around with an unnecessary amount of strength and I come face-to-face with a red, bloodied, mascara-running face. Her shaking hand brings a kitchen knife to my face in protest and a cry lets out of her. "How could you do this?" she tests, jutting the knife slightly. "I was the love of your life, not her! We had a plan, Andrei. We were going to spend the rest of our lives together and be happy, not fuck the new maid and leave me in the ditch!"

"Put down the knife, Amelia. Please, I can't lose Skylar." I turn and look back at Skylar's figure, a pool of blood beneath her. My mind suddenly flashes back to that time I had found her in that cell..

Her boney hand suddenly grips my face and whips my head back around to her. She says nothing until I am pulled into her and feel her lips desperately clinging to mine as the knife's blade presses to my leg most likely drawing blood.

"If you hadn't left me for her.." she speaks through our forced kiss, "this would've never happened. Everyone would be fine and you'd actually be happy." She pulls away and traces her hand along my chest towards my abs. "I know you're still in love with me, Andrei. We can leave and no one will bother us again."

As she pulls close again I feel her begin to undo my joggers and she forces me to touch her in ways I had never thought of doing ever again. "Make love to me," she says. I say nothing, my eyes connected to Skylar. The cold, harsh slice of a knife on my skin suddenly brings me back to what's happening.

"What are you doing?!" I demand. I would've stopped this already and killed her, but I know what this woman is capable of. I can even see my stolen gun in her back pocket, indicating she had been in the bedroom at some point today while Skylar and I were doing the nursery...