Chapter 38

Andrei's POV

Today is the day I've been waiting for so long now.

On this beautiful day, with birds singing outside my window and the sight of people bustling outside, Skylar and I are getting married.

As much as I know Skylar is in disapproval of this, she really has no choice. This is what will keep our child safe and give them a place to grow with both their parents around. Don't get me wrong, I had thought of getting rid of Skylar after the baby was born especially with her running away from here. But the more time I've spent with her in the past while, the more I seem to be in-tuned with my emotions and feelings towards her.

Most of them wanting to be with her for the rest of my life and possibly grow an even larger family with her.

With a nod of approval from the work outside, I check my watch and see it's 9:00 am. Then, there's a gentle knock at the door.

Right on time.

I yell, "come in!" continuing to watch the work going on outside. It's all going so smoothly, if anyone messes a single detail up, they'll be watching the wedding from the basement with the rest of those awful people.

The cart of coffee I ordered up here comes wheeling in followed by the shutting of the door.

"Hello, Andrei, my love."

What the fuck? That doesn't sound like the woman I was hoping for..

This time I peel myself away from the window and whip around to face them. And there she is: Amelia leaning against the cart with a sexier-than-usual maid uniform on, perfectly conformed to her body.

Compose yourself, you idiot. She only wants one thing, and she's not the one you actually want.

"I didn't request a visit from you, Amelia," I sneer and walk over to the cart of coffee. I pour myself a large mug while she stares into my eyes lustfully.

She giggles annoyingly."C'mon, Boss. We both know you miss how good I am in bed and how much I would please you." She takes a step towards me, "Accidentally" bumping her backside into my front.

As much as I want to, I don't become angry with her and start yelling up a storm of curses her way. I instead walk calm and collectively over to the door. With one swift motion, I open it and gesture through the door frame. "I think it's time you leave, Amelia. There's still lots for you to do before the wedding. The wedding where I'll be marrying Skylar."

An angry huff escapes her mouth and she folds her arms over her breasts.

Fuck, quit it, Andrei. Why are you even thinking about her proposal just from looking at her body. You'll ruin all the work you've done to get Skylar to see you if you do this!

"Like something?"

I look up at Addisons grinning face and shake my head.

She sighs and walks over to the door, slowly and in her seductive manner. Her back slides against the frame of the door and another gentle sigh draws through her lips. "Remember that night after the party where you were so horny you couldn't even make it into the room and fucked me right here? 'Cause I do and it's been real hard to forget from having broken the door." she giggles and continues with her alluring dance.

How could I possibly forget such a night? It was a long time ago, and even though I may have been slightly in love with her then, my feelings are now with another, better woman. The woman who's carrying my child; the heir to this mafia.

"Yes, I remember it clearly. I'll admit it was amazing too, but I'm settling down now with a woman that I want to grow a life with," I explain and her frown deepens at 'woman'. "You and I would never last, Amelia. We want different things now."