Chapter 41

Skylar's POV

The cool wind from the open window rushes in beside me and I'm quickly awoken. Then firm footsteps follow as I'm opening my tired eyes.

"Your baby is going to be absolutely beautiful.."

I look into the darkness and see I'm no longer in the penthouse. I am in a cell. The cell where I was nearly raped and beaten to death.

Over to the side I see Dexton in the corner with wide, hungry eyes and a psychotic smile plastered on his face. The blood from my accident still remains at his feet which he licks from his fingers.

Attempting to get away, something stops me and I'm left on the ground somehow, my entire body completely paralyzed. Fear rushes through me as I try and try again to move, but I can't. My body is broken...

"Aren't you going to thank me for that compliment? It's a rare thing for me to give out you know. Oh wait, you can't speak!"

A loud snicker echos all through the cell and into the hallways, just showing how empty and alone it is down here.

Suddenly Amelia is standing over me. She's wearing a tight, low-cut black dress and a pair of shiny black heels to match. A necklace that looks like a ring attached to a chain dangles from her neck as she begins walking circles around my limp, useless body.

My wedding ring.. Why does she have my wedding ring?

"Dexton!" she yells in the silence. "Prop her up over there. I have a surprise for our little guest!" she points toward something behind me.

Without a chance to comprehend what's happening, I'm suddenly being roughly dragged from behind by some horribly familiar hands. Hands that feel as though they're tearing off my clothes and violating me even though they aren't.

As my neck tries it's hardest to support my head against the uncomfortable brick wall, I see Amelia and Andrei standing there, hand in hand. Both of their smiles look much too happy for seeing a paralyzed pregnant woman before them.

"Watch closely, Dear," Amelia tells me and faces Andrei. She wraps her arms around him and the two begin kissing each other as though their worlds would collapse if they dare stop.

Andrei's arms are around her waist and travelling her body the deeper they go and the more clothes they start pulling off each other.

A twinged of jealousy and hurt makes my chest suddenly explode with pain.

This wedding was just a trap.

His "love" was a trap

This damn life is a trap.

"Keep watching... There's another surprise for you, Skylaaar." The hands of Dexton begin to grope my breasts and hold my neck up so tightly, I struggle to get a breath in as I am watching Amelia and Andrei. His disgusting tongue trails over my neck and I can soon feel my clothes being taken off slowly.

Even with my body paralyzed, I still try to cry out. And I do, but the only thing that happens is the hot tears rolling down my pale face. No scream or any sort of movement to get me out of here.

I close my eyes when everything gets out of control; both Dexton and Amelia finally getting what they wanted. Nothing feels real at this point, not even my own body or the room surrounding this chaos.

My eyes finally close amidst all the pain and horror and I finally feel at peace for once. The uncontrollable anxiety and sadness just suddenly disappears and I feel like I'm back in France with my big family and our tiny apartment. I can smell the scent of my Maman famous bread baking and hear the giggles and screeches of my little siblings playing in our living/kitchen.